Thread: Schedule

Default Schedule

I'm wondering what people think about this year's schedule. This is really a shared men's and women's bb topic but I put it in this area since there hasn't been much to talk about for several years.

I realize the schedule this year is driven by COVID but I actually like it. I feel like it's easier to keep track of when they're playing (end of week/weekends) and it seems a more consistent. Also, if I lived in the FM area it would be awesome to be able to catch two games. I think it would really help attendance for both programs.

The only downside I see longterm is how to manage two ticket bases and have to clear it out and fill it up again...I'm not sure how they're doing that now, probably not a big problem with current COVID level attendance. To me what would be ideal would be to watch one game, leave my seat to grab a bite and a (gasp) drink and then go back and watch the 2nd game. The drink could even be a diet coke...it would just make for a nice afternoon/evening.

It is weird playing the same team two nights in a row but that's just a COVID thing. Do the same settup with travel partners and it would be great.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Default Re: Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I'm wondering what people think about this year's schedule. This is really a shared men's and women's bb topic but I put it in this area since there hasn't been much to talk about for several years.

I realize the schedule this year is driven by COVID but I actually like it. I feel like it's easier to keep track of when they're playing (end of week/weekends) and it seems a more consistent. Also, if I lived in the FM area it would be awesome to be able to catch two games. I think it would really help attendance for both programs.

The only downside I see longterm is how to manage two ticket bases and have to clear it out and fill it up again...I'm not sure how they're doing that now, probably not a big problem with current COVID level attendance. To me what would be ideal would be to watch one game, leave my seat to grab a bite and a (gasp) drink and then go back and watch the 2nd game. The drink could even be a diet coke...it would just make for a nice afternoon/evening.

It is weird playing the same team two nights in a row but that's just a COVID thing. Do the same settup with travel partners and it would be great.
    I absolutely love it. Consistent schedule makes blocking out time easier. Was this not pretty much the exact same setup during D2? I was there but was just a wee lad back then.

This year the games are double headers, so no clearing out the arena in between.

I like the consistency of days, but don't like the same team two nights in a row. I get that is probably this season only.

When they go back to travel partners, they would most likely need to be Thurs and Sat since teams need travel day in between.

With 10 teams in the league next year, this is easily done.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    This year the games are double headers, so no clearing out the arena in between.

I like the consistency of days, but don't like the same team two nights in a row. I get that is probably this season only.

When they go back to travel partners, they would most likely need to be Thurs and Sat since teams need travel day in between.

Spot on. I agree with all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post

Yes, this would be fantastic. With this setup, I could fly in on Thursday and spend a long weekend, catching 4 games. Even though I had season tickets for 2 years, I've still never been in the SHAC! I need to make that happen.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Reason it hasn't been done was because there wasn't 10 teams since the first couple of years NDSU was in midcontinent/summit.

Thurs/Saturday should be the conference schedule as I think they'd start seeing better attendance for sure then.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk