Page 8 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Season

Default Re: Spring Season

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    #FCSFOREVER !!! AM. I. RIGHT?!?!?!?

MAN, these FCS programs are totally committed to football- its just so nice to be in a subdivision of our peers who think similarly to we do, and value what we value! #Blessed. Just IMAGINE how dumb we'd feel having played and entire season in the FBS, lol. Dodged a bullet there
    WOW
    Playing UCA, JSU SFA like they asked us to & Others this fall ALONG with a memo to FBS teams (NDSU will play you on 3 days notice) is WHAT NDSU SHOULD OF DONE!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    #FCSFOREVER !!! AM. I. RIGHT?!?!?!?

MAN, these FCS programs are totally committed to football- its just so nice to be in a subdivision of our peers who think similarly to we do, and value what we value! #Blessed. Just IMAGINE how dumb we'd feel having played and entire season in the FBS, lol. Dodged a bullet there
    Did you actually read the press release?

Call it excuses if you want (it is) but they're basically saying they don't think they can safely practice early enough to accommodate the proposed Big Sky schedule without having a negative impact on the 2021 fall season.

My main complaint would be that they waited until January 15th to say this.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

Call it excuses if you want (it is) but they're basically saying they don't think they can safely practice early enough to accommodate the proposed Big Sky schedule without having a negative impact on the 2021 fall season.

They were probably hoping that someone else would make the decision so they didn't have to. I guess that's one form of leadership.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Drip drip drip.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    They were probably hoping that someone else would make the decision so they didn't have to. I guess that's one form of leadership.
    Probably... and now I think we'll see all the other schools with the same train of thought follow suit now that the Montana schools have made their intentions know.

This will stick a fork in the playoffs. The bright side of that is I guess schools in northern climates can put a spring schedule together that makes more sense since they wouldn't have to finish by 4/17 anymore... so they can have a somewhat regular spring schedule in March/April instead of trying to start practice in late January/early February.

MVFC commits to eight game spring schedule

https://valley-football.org/news/202...-schedule.aspx

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    MVFC commits to eight game spring schedule

https://valley-football.org/news/202...-schedule.aspx
    I don't buy it will ever happen. Hope they prove me wrong. FCS schools are going to drop left and right at this point now that two of the elite programs are out.

Who is Sam Houston going to beat in the playoffs if many of the Big Sky teams aren't playing.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

That’s why it’s a lack of leadership. They waited until now to pull the plug for reasons that should’ve been understood in July.

This is all going to lead towards cancellation of any post season. No FCS championship in May 2022.