Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Season

Default Re: Spring Season

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Who all ultimately is responsible for the direction of NDSU and their Athletics? Someone mentioned them making big dollars as an excuse that they must be making the correct decisions versus fans/alumni with dumb message board opinions.

As much as we all respect Patty V. I argue that NDSU sets the tone for the MVFC and ultimately the FCS.

The whole cluster is based on nobody taking charge (NCAA). Instead pointing the finger at others while student athletes and the programs suffer. Entz referencing Merc confirms where a lot of feelings are about this. Not mine- feelings that matter.

Talk to a few recent former athletes/current athletes if you need it from the horse. Things are on a different trajectory and the course ought to be corrected. Leadership.

Expectations are different at NDSU. Feel free to point at 200 other programs and how they handled etc.

I would point at the 5-10 that win. They don’t rely on hope. Best intentions don’t excuse bad results. It is time to make a full spring playoffs happen and a full fall. Everyone else cancels- dance with the damn trophy. That is what was “intended” last fall. Follow through.

#ADLB (hope y’all don’t need purple for EVERYTHING)
    I agree with your last paragraph, I’m just not willing to point the finger at any one person or entity. As much as it’s easy to blame our Administration or the Conference or the NCAA, the situation was a unique kind of sucky for everyone and I don’t blame them for making the decisions they did to protect their interests, and that includes the NCAA.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Maybe that's part of the reason why deaths increased 10x and active hospitalizations increased 5x in the fall.
    https://www.health.nd.gov/diseases-c...onavirus-cases

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    Amazing how HS in the state of ND can pull off playing thru the pandemic quite easily but colleges cannot. In fact HS Football literally played thru the huge spike in ND.

Now I personally know of people that had kids during the playoff runs that probably had Covid and they kept them home for a few days, but did not get them tested for fear the whole team would be quarantined. Whether you think that is right or wrong that probably happened all over the state.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I agree with your last paragraph, I’m just not willing to point the finger at any one person or entity. As much as it’s easy to blame our Administration or the Conference or the NCAA, the situation was a unique kind of sucky for everyone and I don’t blame them for making the decisions they did to protect their interests, and that includes the NCAA.
    Complaining about our AD or whatnot for problems stemming from a global pandemic is like a passenger on the Titanic complaining about the chef because their creme brulee is damp.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Complaining about our AD or whatnot for problems stemming from a global pandemic is like a passenger on the Titanic complaining about the chef because their creme brulee is damp.
    More like complaining about the Captains route after already hitting a small iceberg.

More like complaining about the Captains route after already hitting a small iceberg.
    No, see... you’re misunderstanding tony’s metaphor. The chef is our AD and the passenger complaining about their dessert is you. The Titanic is something much much bigger that our AD has zero control over.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    No, see... you’re misunderstanding tony’s metaphor. The chef is our AD and the passenger complaining about their dessert is you. The Titanic is something much much bigger that our AD has zero control over.
    But NDSU is not simply along for the ride. Nobody is really requiring anything. NDSU has the ability to set their course and the MVFC/FCS would likely follow.

If not who cares- NDSU followed into the current spring situation and whatever the fall will look like.

NDSU is here now- and sure better push to make the rest of this spring happen. If not- why wouldn’t the same thing happen in the fall?

Some on here predicted the cancellation of the oregon football game when march madness was cancelled last year. (Oh no thats why we are shutting down now was the response...). Now we are looking at the following spring football playoffs being canceled.

But NDSU is not simply along for the ride. Nobody is really requiring anything. NDSU has the ability to set their course and the MVFC/FCS would likely follow.

If not who cares- NDSU followed into the current spring situation and whatever the fall will look like.

NDSU is here now- and sure better push to make the rest of this spring happen. If not- why wouldn’t the same thing happen in the fall?

Some on here predicted the cancellation of the oregon football game when march madness was cancelled last year. (Oh no thats why we are shutting down now was the response...). Now we are looking at the following spring football playoffs being canceled.
    Why did NDSU...specifically ML let March Madness get cancelled? Seriously...how could he let that happen?!

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

You’re rambling now and I don’t even know what your point is anymore.

And no, NDSU is not dictating anything. Entz and Larsen both said that they voted in the conference to keep the Fall season, but they were outvoted and the conference deferred to Spring.

You’re not just hypothetically wrong. You are, in fact, just saying bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Why did NDSU...specifically ML let March Madness get cancelled? Seriously...how could he let that happen?!
    Lol this is one of the most ridiculous lines of reasoning I’ve ever seen...

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So in the Titanic metaphor, is UCA the mother fucker who packed along a trolling motor and hopped in a lifeboat giving double birds to everyone else?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk