Page 18 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Season

Default Re: Spring Season

Got my tickets today. I'm looking forward to going, and pandemic spring football might be a neat old person story to tell in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    For the record once tailgating is back and things are normal I will go to games but I don't really have a whole lot of interest in this spring season....tailgating was just kind of the last straw.
    Yeah, same here..zero enthusiasm for this
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yep... pretty sure there was no season ticket waiting list anymore after they got through all the requests last year at about this time. I don't even think they sold all the double letter row seats in the sideline student sections that were opened up to the general public after the 2019 season. Even if they would've allowed up to 100% capacity my guess is they wouldn't get anywhere near it for these spring games and they will probably have a tough time even this fall.

That's partially due to fan apathy but it's also partially due to ticket prices continuing to go higher and higher IMO. Face value on all games this spring is $56 for sideline and $46 for endzone I believe. 10 years ago I'm pretty sure season tickets only ran for about $100 each in the endzone.
    Paying FBS price for blowouts isn't going to attract more people. I know people that would buy but they are not going to drop the high prices, I also know 20yr plus teamakers dropping seats because of the prices.

I know it costs money to put the product on the field, but paying $50 for what usually is 1 qtr of football is not attracting new fans. Level of Competition just isn't there. Sadly the success of NDSU will also be the downfall
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This whole thing is dumb IMO. Should have scrapped this BS spring season and just focused on Fall 2020, and holding the "Championship" on a Sunday???

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    This whole thing is dumb IMO. Should have scrapped this BS spring season and just focused on Fall 2020, and holding the "Championship" on a Sunday???
    I just don’t get this take... we missed out on an entire season. Now we get one. And when it’s done, the wait for the next one is way shorter... I can’t wait to watch some Bison football.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Paying FBS price for blowouts isn't going to attract more people. I know people that would buy but they are not going to drop the high prices, I also know 20yr plus teamakers dropping seats because of the prices.

I know it costs money to put the product on the field, but paying $50 for what usually is 1 qtr of football is not attracting new fans. Level of Competition just isn't there. Sadly the success of NDSU will also be the downfall
    Yeah, it's a domino effect either way when it comes to demand or lack thereof. I don't necessarily buy the self-fulfilling prophecy that the team is so good it's boring which means the fans lose interest and the quality of the program/team will deteriorate. I just think people are less inclined to go see live sports than they were a few years ago. It's too easy and too comfortable to watch now and part of that is due to prices.

Another issue that I've pointed out numerous times on here is that the program outgrew the dome and that choked off demand which is going to be tough for them to recover from. How many Bison fans under the age of 30 have season tickets? Very few I bet. The theory I have is younger fans couldn't get tickets for the last 9 years so they grew accustomed to following from afar and now that there is availability it's not worth their time and money to get them. As the older fans lose interest or gain other commitments (their kids' sports, etc) they leave and no one is there to take their place. NDSU football has needed entry level price point tickets for a while now and hasn't had it and still doesn't have it... that's another big part of the problem when it comes to lack of demand now.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I just don’t get this take... we missed out on an entire season. Now we get one. And when it’s done, the wait for the next one is way shorter... I can’t wait to watch some Bison football.
    I agree, what’s all the bitching about? If it makes people that mad, then don’t go and don’t watch.

My god it’s Bison football, sorry it didn’t happen during their preferred time of year. What an inconvenience...

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yeah, it's a domino effect either way when it comes to demand or lack thereof. I don't necessarily buy the self-fulfilling prophecy that the team is so good it's boring which means the fans lose interest and the quality of the program/team will deteriorate. I just think people are less inclined to go see live sports than they were a few years ago. It's too easy and too comfortable to watch now and part of that is due to prices.

Another issue that I've pointed out numerous times on here is that the program outgrew the dome and that choked off demand which is going to be tough for them to recover from. How many Bison fans under the age of 30 have season tickets? Very few I bet. The theory I have is younger fans couldn't get tickets for the last 9 years so they grew accustomed to following from afar and now that there is availability it's not worth their time and money to get them. As the older fans lose interest or gain other commitments (their kids' sports, etc) they leave and no one is there to take their place. NDSU football has needed entry level price point tickets for a while now and hasn't had it and still doesn't have it... that's another big part of the problem when it comes to lack of demand now.
    exactly, that's why 40,000-50,000 Outdoor Stadium with Upper deck is SOO important.
    $20/game/seats upper deck = $120/year. Cheap and gets 10,000 more to a game who in turn focus on moving season tickets to lower level
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I agree, what’s all the bitching about? If it makes people that mad, then don’t go and don’t watch.

My god it’s Bison football, sorry it didn’t happen during their preferred time of year. What an inconvenience...
    Yeah, I didn’t think spring FB was a great idea but now that the players/program want to do it, I am 100 % stoked for this. It’s a bit surreal, TBH

Just don't try to make it a permanent thing

Was hoping for ESPN or FOX SPORTS NORTH to grab some NDSU games since there is nothing else much to watch in the spring.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?