Page 16 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Season

Default Re: Spring Season

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    This is where I am at... I’m probably not going to any games unless I get vaccinated by then (unlikely), and at this point I just want to watch some goddamn Bison Football.
    Bison Basketball game with the largest event I've attended since the pandemic began. Not sure how the football games will be handled but really felt like at the basketball game everyone stayed spread out and I avoided being grouped in tightly.

The entry gates and concourses will be interesting at football games to prevent people from packing in even with half capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Bison Basketball game with the largest event I've attended since the pandemic began. Not sure how the football games will be handled but really felt like at the basketball game everyone stayed spread out and I avoided being grouped in tightly.

The entry gates and concourses will be interesting at football games to prevent people from packing in even with half capacity.
    Good points. Yeah, getting in was always a wary proposition anyway, add social distancing to that line and you’d have to close down University and 19th Ave with a snaked rope line...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Good points. Yeah, getting in was always a wary proposition anyway, add social distancing to that line and you’d have to close down University and 19th Ave with a snaked rope line...
    The big lines are usually due to the fact that everyone is rushing in between 2-2:30 from the tailgate lots after chugging one more beer. They are encouraging people to park on the aide their seats are on and go in that entrance. Those things combined with only half the attendance, I dont see huge lines of people like we usually see.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

I seriously don't understand the no tailgating? Makes no sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    The big lines are usually due to the fact that everyone is rushing in between 2-2:30 from the tailgate lots after chugging one more beer. They are encouraging people to park on the aide their seats are on and go in that entrance. Those things combined with only half the attendance, I dont see huge lines of people like we usually see.
    But if they enforce and people follow the 6 feet rule, it’s basically half the attendance x 6 = back of the East entrance line is at Fargo North...

(I’m mostly kidding, I don’t know why, but hyperbolic analysis of the Fdome line is just catching me the right way right now)
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I seriously don't understand the no tailgating? Makes no sense at all.
    They don't want a horde of people out there that aren't going to the game but came to tailgate is my guess. Even though based on what happens when the weather is crappy during normal seasons it is hard to see it being an issue since tailgating is usually thinned out.

Since there is no tailgating I am going to skip on the games, even though I am vaccinated. Would rather watch at home with friends and some drinks.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Would rather watch at home with friends and some drinks.
    With respect to this point, I wonder how many people just do this post pandemic? The momentum has clearly been lost.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    With respect to this point, I wonder how many people just do this post pandemic? The momentum has clearly been lost.
    The momentum was waning before the pandemic even was a thing in my opinion, going to be interesting to see how much it has accelerated.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The momentum was waning before the pandemic even was a thing in my opinion, going to be interesting to see how much it has accelerated.
    Yep... pretty sure there was no season ticket waiting list anymore after they got through all the requests last year at about this time. I don't even think they sold all the double letter row seats in the sideline student sections that were opened up to the general public after the 2019 season. Even if they would've allowed up to 100% capacity my guess is they wouldn't get anywhere near it for these spring games and they will probably have a tough time even this fall.

That's partially due to fan apathy but it's also partially due to ticket prices continuing to go higher and higher IMO. Face value on all games this spring is $56 for sideline and $46 for endzone I believe. 10 years ago I'm pretty sure season tickets only ran for about $100 each in the endzone.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    how many people going insane from social withdrawal and are going to turn it to 11 when we get the clear? I bet its alot more than people choosing to keep sitting at home.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.