Page 35 of 60 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Season

Default Re: Spring Season

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    Total Influenza deaths in the US, 2010-2020: 359,000. This isn't currently the seasonal flu; it may look similar once everyone is infected and/or vaccinated, and yearly boosters are administered.....but we aren't near that yet.

Football games and hockey games getting canceled....yep, games. They weren't emergency heart surgeries.....they were college and high school sporting events. Some people need bigger things to worry about.

I'd like to see things return to normal, that's why I wear a goddamn mask.....I know, it's a big ask and an infringement on your liberty to put a thin piece of cloth in front of part of your face when you are near someone else, but everybody bitching on here that wants things back to normal should be doing the same thing. What's more ridiculous: fear of COVID or fear of cloth?

This fall will be different, stop being a drama queen. Plenty of people will have natural immunity, everyone who wants a vaccine will have gotten one, boosters will be available heading into the fall......but the level of herd immunity will depend a bit on enough of the same people that think masks are too hard to actually get vaccinated for the good of society.
    Sorry, sound logic and reason doesn’t work here. Nice try though.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Sorry, sound logic and reason doesn’t work here. Nice try though.
    Well not so fast there heff. DM05 is squarely on target across the board there. As a sign of hope my favorite annual blues festival is a GO for mid-August and I have now booked a room for the weekend.

Blues festival. 5,000 or so boomers (aka vulnerable). Not a youthful creature in sight other than Saturday night when a few hundred or so millennials come out for a few hours of novelty. Yes it's open air to be sure. But since Duluth is a big bowl they have to shut it down at 10:00 pm each night so the residents can get some sleep. Then we hardcores all jam ourselves into Roscoe's Pioneer Bar downtown to rock out with Reverend Raven and the Chain Smokin Alter Boys. About five or six times the capacity of the bar in there until the wee hours. Duluth Fire seems to neither know or care. Roscoe covers the nut for the entire year in one night.

Good times. They are a comin'...

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Total Influenza deaths in the US, 2010-2020: 359,000. This isn't currently the seasonal flu; it may look similar once everyone is infected and/or vaccinated, and yearly boosters are administered.....but we aren't near that yet.

Football games and hockey games getting canceled....yep, games. They weren't emergency heart surgeries.....they were college and high school sporting events. Some people need bigger things to worry about.

I'd like to see things return to normal, that's why I wear a goddamn mask.....I know, it's a big ask and an infringement on your liberty to put a thin piece of cloth in front of part of your face when you are near someone else, but everybody bitching on here that wants things back to normal should be doing the same thing. What's more ridiculous: fear of COVID or fear of cloth?

This fall will be different, stop being a drama queen. Plenty of people will have natural immunity, everyone who wants a vaccine will have gotten one, boosters will be available heading into the fall......but the level of herd immunity will depend a bit on enough of the same people that think masks are too hard to actually get vaccinated for the good of society.
    How long does natural immunity last? Can vaccinated people still spread the virus? What about variants?

While I agree the fall should be different, the people calling the shots won’t let it. Fall is getting closer to ‘22

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Well not so fast there heff. DM05 is squarely on target across the board there. As a sign of hope my favorite annual blues festival is a GO for mid-August and I have now booked a room for the weekend.

Blues festival. 5,000 or so boomers (aka vulnerable). Not a youthful creature in sight other than Saturday night when a few hundred or so millennials come out for a few hours of novelty. Yes it's open air to be sure. But since Duluth is a big bowl they have to shut it down at 10:00 pm each night so the residents can get some sleep. Then we hardcores all jam ourselves into Roscoe's Pioneer Bar downtown to rock out with Reverend Raven and the Chain Smokin Alter Boys. About five or six times the capacity of the bar in there until the wee hours. Duluth Fire seems to neither know or care. Roscoe covers the nut for the entire year in one night.

I hope you’re right! We can build this thing together, standin strong forever, NOTHIN’S GONNA STOP US NOWWWWWW!!!
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post

Wow Greenfield! We run in the same circles. Bayfront Blues, The Pioneer and Reverend Raven. Been there, done that! Need to get back up there in August. It’s been a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Wow Greenfield! We run in the same circles. Bayfront Blues, The Pioneer and Reverend Raven. Been there, done that! Need to get back up there in August. It’s been a few years.
    Better get to booking soon as the whole North Shore scene is pretty popular during the pandemic. BBF already has a good slate of performers lined up. Tix go back on sale May 1 according to the web site.

Current schedule: https://www.bayfrontblues.com/schedules

For those not in the know - if you show up with your RV on Thursday night you can park it in the lot right next to Bayfront park and the Aquarium for the entirety of the festival. You are allowed to tailgate and sleep on site all weekend. Don't even really need to buy a ticket unless you want to actually see the performers.

OK - no more thread drift - I promise.

this blues fest sounds friggen awesome, count me IN

that will be for me, and my good dr rodney lee 2 decide MISTER

Hopefully bosters aren’t necessary this fall because there isn’t yet enough production capacity to timely vaccinate all of 8 billion of us that want a jab.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    They should say that, because Howard is playoff ineligible, the MEAC only has two qualifying teams playing and doesn't meet the threshold.
    Correction: Howard WAS going to be ineligible, but the NCAA suspended the APR rules for two years because of COVID a while back, so they're now eligible again. Still hate the decision.