Page 50 of 60 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Season

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: Spring Season

Any transfers today?

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I can tell you and I mean very different things when we say this.

Listen, enjoy your little world where everything is black and white and has a scapegoat. It’s not how the world works, but some people can’t function without that nooky lil blankey of comfort.
    You failed to answer the part you bolded.

The discussion was remarkably similar last fall for how NDSU would get to play and do playoffs in the spring.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Amazing how HS in the state of ND can pull off playing thru the pandemic quite easily but colleges cannot. In fact HS Football literally played thru the huge spike in ND.

Now I personally know of people that had kids during the playoff runs that probably had Covid and they kept them home for a few days, but did not get them tested for fear the whole team would be quarantined. Whether you think that is right or wrong that probably happened all over the state.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    Once everyone who wants to get the vaccine, gets it and their immunity kicks in, then I can see the restrictions and testing reduced significantly. I don't see this happening until after Memorial Day. But once this occurs during the summer, you will see things trending even more back to normal. By the fall, schools will be operating essentially as they were pre-covid with maybe a few exceptions. The athletics programs will have all their players vaccinated, and players/staff that choose not to be vaccinated will need to sign a waiver to release the school & NCAA of any liability of their ignorance. Once the liability is released, then there will likely be no more testing going forward and we will see a more normal 2021/2022 athletics season.

However IF the NCAA continues to require weekly or daily testing going forward, we will never return to normal. As people have said previously, this is a virus, it won't just go away. We just have to adapt to it as a society. We're not there yet, but we are getting close.
    I agree with most of this but I'm not sure if the waiver will be required. I don't know of any cases where a young athlete has had major consequences from COVID (I'm sure there are at least some, just not many) and I don't know how you could ever prove where you caught COVID anyway. I think the reason given for all this was to prevent the spread and protect the most vulnerable. By now, anyone who is vulnerable has had access to vaccination for some time and if they chose not to do it, that's no them. Time to move on with life.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    When do we stop testing for the shit? We don't test for the flu. We don't test for any other viruses. If people don't want to get vaccinated that's their problem just like not getting a flu shot. Everyone over 16 has the option to vaccinate. Time to move on and stop the nonsense over this shit. Most who get it don't even get sick from it.
    we have a winner
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    Amazing how HS in the state of ND can pull off playing thru the pandemic quite easily but colleges cannot. In fact HS Football literally played thru the huge spike in ND.

Now I personally know of people that had kids during the playoff runs that probably had Covid and they kept them home for a few days, but did not get them tested for fear the whole team would be quarantined. Whether you think that is right or wrong that probably happened all over the state.
    Yep, that absolutely happened...I know of similar type situations. Happened with parents not wanting kids to miss school too...just said it must be allergies.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I agree with most of this but I'm not sure if the waiver will be required. I don't know of any cases where a young athlete has had major consequences from COVID (I'm sure there are at least some, just not many) and I don't know how you could ever prove where you caught COVID anyway. I think the reason given for all this was to prevent the spread and protect the most vulnerable. By now, anyone who is vulnerable has had access to vaccination for some time and if they chose not to do it, that's no them. Time to move on with life.
    You wouldn't think waivers would be necessary but we've never had a contagion where the blame game has been played as much as with this one so I wouldn't be surprised if schools try to protect themselves legally somehow although I do recall there being some push back from the NCAA last fall when the notion of having college football players sign waivers was brought up.

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    You wouldn't think waivers would be necessary but we've never had a contagion where the blame game has been played as much as with this one so I wouldn't be surprised if schools try to protect themselves legally somehow although I do recall there being some push back from the NCAA last fall when the notion of having college football players sign waivers was brought up.
    I have had a number of conversations regarding waivers...the upshot is that they basically probably aren't worth the paper they are written on. At the same time, it is pretty difficult to prove where someone came in contact with the virus...hence getting any treatment or time off paid via workers' compensation is hard to prove. I am sure there are exceptions, not sure if any have played out in the legal system yet.

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    You failed to answer the part you bolded.

The discussion was remarkably similar last fall for how NDSU would get to play and do playoffs in the spring.
    Yeah, the difference is... You’re trying to blame one person and I’m just hoping for the best for everyone, intentions and outcome. Take off the blinders and try to admit to yourself that you may not know everything and it’s amazing what it does to your humanity. Speaking from experience.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Yeah, the difference is... You’re trying to blame one person and I’m just hoping for the best for everyone, intentions and outcome. Take off the blinders and try to admit to yourself that you may not know everything and it’s amazing what it does to your humanity. Speaking from experience.
    Who all ultimately is responsible for the direction of NDSU and their Athletics? Someone mentioned them making big dollars as an excuse that they must be making the correct decisions versus fans/alumni with dumb message board opinions.

As much as we all respect Patty V. I argue that NDSU sets the tone for the MVFC and ultimately the FCS.

The whole cluster is based on nobody taking charge (NCAA). Instead pointing the finger at others while student athletes and the programs suffer. Entz referencing Merc confirms where a lot of feelings are about this. Not mine- feelings that matter.

Talk to a few recent former athletes/current athletes if you need it from the horse. Things are on a different trajectory and the course ought to be corrected. Leadership.

Expectations are different at NDSU. Feel free to point at 200 other programs and how they handled etc.

I would point at the 5-10 that win. They don’t rely on hope. Best intentions don’t excuse bad results. It is time to make a full spring playoffs happen and a full fall. Everyone else cancels- dance with the damn trophy. That is what was “intended” last fall. Follow through.

#ADLB (hope y’all don’t need purple for EVERYTHING)