Page 44 of 60 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Season

Default Re: Spring Season

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Okay mountain west sucks- i get that.

My frustration is the lack of leadership NDSU has shown in this thing. The FCS could have played just as safely in the fall.

These cancelled games/playoffs and the whole sentiment about it are hurting the program.
    I just don’t understand this take that keeps popping up...

This is a ridiculous, unprecedented, once in a century situation... As far as we know, the administration DID try to schedule games in the Fall AND ALSO wanted to play for a championship in the Spring.

The FBS had games canceled during the regular season just like we are experiencing and they got to the playoffs just fine.

It’s like people want to be critical of our administration for any reason, but I would urge everyone to cut em some slack on this one...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post

This is a ridiculous, unprecedented, once in a century situation... As far as we know, the administration DID try to schedule games in the Fall AND ALSO wanted to play for a championship in the Spring.

The FBS had games canceled during the regular season just like we are experiencing and they got to the playoffs just fine.

It’s like people want to be critical of our administration for any reason, but I would urge everyone to cut em some slack on this one...
    I blame those weenies in the B1G. Once they pushed to spring it gave all the "followers" in lower level conferences nervous about having to make a decision the excuse to follow them and when they did their 180 it was too late for the MVFC/FCS to reverse course with them. Entz said in his press conference yesterday that the MVFC took a vote to keep the conference season in the fall or move it to spring and NDSU voted to keep it in the fall but the majority wanted to move it to spring. People can 2nd guess whether NDSU should've done like UCA and just said "screw it, we're playing anyway". I've come around to that side of the argument but I admit that initially I thought the move to spring was the better idea when the conference and the majority of the subdivision opted to do it. I was wrong. And, if they're being honest, I think Entz and Larsen (if either was against playing as full a schedule as possible in the fall without the conference) would tell you the same thing at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post

I have to admit, i have had a chip on my shoulder for Dean ever since “YOU ARE LEGEND!”

Once in a lifetime situations happen to/for people all the time. Good leaders don’t generally mess them up.

But even if they mess up, they don’t avoid the opportunity to lead when it is there.

Plus there was one FBS team playing that had a game contracted with NDSU in case you forgot.

I have to admit, i have had a chip on my shoulder for Dean ever since “YOU ARE LEGEND!”

Once in a lifetime situations happen to/for people all the time. Good leaders don’t generally mess them up.

But even if they mess up, they don’t avoid the opportunity to lead when it is there.

Plus there was one FBS team playing that had a game contracted with NDSU in case you forgot.
    Oregon? They canceled the game - their conference canceled all non-conference games.

But in a cases like these, “unprecedented” is the key, and history does not (and should not) dictate how we view our leaders decisions. Call me crazy, but as Chaos’ said above, I guess I just believe they were genuinely trying to do their best for Bison football, NDSU as a whole, and their fans...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Oregon? They canceled the game - their conference canceled all non-conference games.
    Yep. If i was the Pac12 I wouldn’t want any risk of a top conference team loosing to an FCS either.

What does that mean to the Contract with NDSU or more simply the intent of the contract.

Larson should have called them out on ESPN if he was looking for games so hard. Or at least the contractual reimbursement.

Yep. If i was the Pac12 I wouldn’t want any risk of a top conference team loosing to an FCS either.

What does that mean to the Contract with NDSU or more simply the intent of the contract.

Larson should have called them out on ESPN if he was looking for games so hard. Or at least the contractual reimbursement.
    Well, he would've needed some good lawyers probably and was it really worth that effort? All those OOC contracts had "act of God" clauses in them allowing them a penalty free out and you'd need a judge most likely to say whether or not this pandemic would've qualified if it was disputed between the two parties. Even if he wins how eager do you think other FBS schools are going to be to schedule NDSU then? If they were having a hard time before they could probably just give up entirely after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Well, he would've needed some good lawyers probably and was it really worth that effort? All those OOC contracts had "act of God" clauses in them allowing them a penalty free out and you'd need a judge most likely to say whether or not this pandemic would've qualified if it was disputed between the two parties. Even if he wins how eager do you think other FBS schools are going to be to schedule NDSU then? If they were having a hard time before they could probably just give up entirely after that.
    If he called them out on ESPN it would have just made him/NDSU look bad...as in we were delusional and not understanding there was a pandemic. I can't speak to what else he did/didn't do...but no way does he have responsibility on losing the Oregon game opportunity.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by i miss chubs View Post
    good point- while you are curious, check how many entered the portal/left team week 6 of their fall season during a championship run.
    b i n g o..

NDSU had FBS teams lined up in the fall. ASK JEREMY JORGENSEN. why you think he left?

Jacksonville State was lined up and others.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    b i n g o..
    _ i n g o..
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes