Page 34 of 60 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Season

Default Re: Spring Season

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    That's also possible. The thing is that can happen whether you're playing or not... like I said earlier with the extenuating circumstances this spring if you can play you better play because for all you know that may be the last time you'll be able to take the field as a team this spring. Entz is a fan of saying "Today is all that matters" and opting out of the rest of the regular season because you're satisfied with your current playoff position is a direct contradiction of that.

I'd say no because there would be no spring practice right now if they didn't have any games to prep for. All we'd have to do is look forward to next fall and watch players hit the transfer portal like Illinois St fans are doing.

I get that some think the spring season is a waste a time... I get that some said it was a mistake back in August when it was announced but this is the hand they got dealt and I'd like to see them show the integrity to see it through. It would be a chicken shit move to opt out of games you've committed to playing just because you don't feeling like playing. I don't care if Illinois St did it first... it's still chicken shit.

Criticizing the NCAA is fine but to suggest that NDSU should stop playing games because the NCAA is giving the 3 team MEAC an autobid is some really misguided logic. It's not a personal insult to NDSU or anyone else. The NCAA messed up but they did so at the expense of the 3rd place CAA team or the 2nd place Southland team and none of us even know who that is right now... it's hardly as big of a deal as some of you are making it.
    It would affect us greatly if we’re the last at large bid that doesn’t get a spot? You couple easily replace the two spots you mentioned with the third or fourth placed MVFC team. Which is easily within reach if we were to lose either of our last two games.

As far as the personal insult piece, it’s a slap in the face to all those who took this spring season seriously. Just a handout to a conference that has absolutely no business sniffing the playoffs this year, especially considering the fact that their only three teams playing have played two games.

The only reason I see to play the last two games is the “keeping our word” aspect. In which case I think we’ve given FCS enough at this point. Even then, COVID is the reason we don’t play the last two games. Not because we Spacked out or because “it’s too cold”

In an already messed up season how will it look if one of the top 2-3 seeds has to drop out of the playoffs because of a positive covid year??

If there isn't already a huge asterisk on the season that would for sure do it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    It would affect us greatly if we’re the last at large bid that doesn’t get a spot? You couple easily replace the two spots you mentioned with the third or fourth placed MVFC team. Which is easily within reach if we were to lose either of our last two games.

As far as the personal insult piece, it’s a slap in the face to all those who took this spring season seriously. Just a handout to a conference that has absolutely no business sniffing the playoffs this year, especially considering the fact that their only three teams playing have played two games.

The only reason I see to play the last two games is the “keeping our word” aspect. In which case I think we’ve given FCS enough at this point. Even then, COVID is the reason we don’t play the last two games. Not because we Spacked out or because “it’s too cold”
    Only way that lost at-large affects NDSU is if they lose both of their last two and if that happens I'm not sure they get in with the 6th at large anyway or of they'd even deserve to get in at 5-3.

If they legit can't play because of COVID in one or both of these last two there's nothing to be done about it but if they use COVID as the excuse when they could've played I'll be pretty disgusted with my team and administration. To me that would be the slap in the face to every other team trying to finish the season.

In any case we'll have to agree to disagree since we're both pretty much dug in.

You Fauci Cultists who dismiss the Spring Season (2020 Fall season)...you do realize that nothing will change in Fall of '21 for those who are convinced the seasonal flu is The Black Plague of our generation...you know that, right? Games canceled left and right as ONE person on a team tests "Positive!" Oh my....

What happened to Minnesota's Hill-Murray hockey team..defending MN State Champ...qualifies for State Tourney...only to find out one member of the team they beat to make it to state Tested Positive! for the seasonal flu...and they are in Quarantine for 10 days and that means they forfeit the quarterfinal game of the MOST PRESTIGIOUS HIGH SCHOOL HOCKEY TOURNAMENT IN THE COUNTRY .... Seniors on the team file a lawsuit stating HOW INCREDBILY STUPID THAT IS, that their lawsuit is shot down by a JUDGE...because...FEAR of COVID! OH MY GOSH! Stupidity beyond belief. This same nonsense will ruin '21 Fall Football Season as there will still be football players who TEST POSITIVE! for the seaonal flu. Games canceled. Season made absurd. Congratulations, Fauci Cultists.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    You Fauci Cultists who dismiss the Spring Season (2020 Fall season)...you do realize that nothing will change in Fall of '21 for those who are convinced the seasonal flu is The Black Plague of our generation...you know that, right? Games canceled left and right as ONE person on a team tests "Positive!" Oh my....

What happened to Minnesota's Hill-Murray hockey team..defending MN State Champ...qualifies for State Tourney...only to find out one member of the team they beat to make it to state Tested Positive! for the seasonal flu...and they are in Quarantine for 10 days and that means they forfeit the quarterfinal game of the MOST PRESTIGIOUS HIGH SCHOOL HOCKEY TOURNAMENT IN THE COUNTRY .... Seniors on the team file a lawsuit stating HOW INCREDBILY STUPID THAT IS, that their lawsuit is shot down by a JUDGE...because...FEAR of COVID! OH MY GOSH! Stupidity beyond belief. This same nonsense will ruin '21 Fall Football Season as there will still be football players who TEST POSITIVE! for the seaonal flu. Games canceled. Season made absurd. Congratulations, Fauci Cultists.
    Your not far off.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/vaccinate...121235173.html

Long rambling paragraph filled with all caps. Seems kinda crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Only way that lost at-large affects NDSU is if they lose both of their last two and if that happens I'm not sure they get in with the 6th at large anyway or of they'd even deserve to get in at 5-3.

If they legit can't play because of COVID in one or both of these last two there's nothing to be done about it but if they use COVID as the excuse when they could've played I'll be pretty disgusted with my team and administration. To me that would be the slap in the face to every other team trying to finish the season.

In any case we'll have to agree to disagree since we're both pretty much dug in.
    Definitely, you have good points. At the end of the day we both want what’s best for NDSU. Go Bison

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Exactly. This is never going to end and COVID will always be here just like the flu. COVID is not the problem it's the administration that's the problem. If a player gets sick stay home if not play they don't need to do any stupid testing anymore and should have stopped last fall.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    Exactly. This is never going to end and COVID will always be here just like the flu. COVID is not the problem it's the administration that's the problem. If a player gets sick stay home if not play they don't need to do any stupid testing anymore and should have stopped last fall.
    By the fall, everyone will be vaccinated. And if any player chooses to not be vaccinated for whatever insane reason they read on the interwebs, they should have to sign a waiver. This would allow the school, programs, and scheduled games to proceed as normal. If testing for COVID multiple times a week continues going forward, I don't think we will return to normal/pre-2020 ever again.

Total Influenza deaths in the US, 2010-2020: 359,000. This isn't currently the seasonal flu; it may look similar once everyone is infected and/or vaccinated, and yearly boosters are administered.....but we aren't near that yet.

Football games and hockey games getting canceled....yep, games. They weren't emergency heart surgeries.....they were college and high school sporting events. Some people need bigger things to worry about.

I'd like to see things return to normal, that's why I wear a goddamn mask.....I know, it's a big ask and an infringement on your liberty to put a thin piece of cloth in front of part of your face when you are near someone else, but everybody bitching on here that wants things back to normal should be doing the same thing. What's more ridiculous: fear of COVID or fear of cloth?

This fall will be different, stop being a drama queen. Plenty of people will have natural immunity, everyone who wants a vaccine will have gotten one, boosters will be available heading into the fall......but the level of herd immunity will depend a bit on enough of the same people that think masks are too hard to actually get vaccinated for the good of society.