Page 33 of 60 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Season

Default Re: Spring Season

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yep, very good to see although I'd assume that ESPN's decision moreso than the NCAA's. Hopefully this means earlier rounds games will get their normal ESPN network slots (both semifinals and two quarterfinals on the national networks) or possibly even more with not much else to compete with in late April and early May.
    At least the playoffs aren't cancelled yet. I'm not sure if baseball might have some of the TV slots not normally competing with football in December.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Strommer10 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

At this point, why should NDSU play its remaining 2 regular season games? NDSU is #2 in the selection committee's rankings & already has the necessary games played to qualify for the playoffs. Add in the past two weeks' COVID issues with the program & injuries, it just makes sense to continue the COVID pause until the playoffs starts. Get everyone healthy and out of quarantine in time to prep for the 4 straight games in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    At this point, why should NDSU play its remaining 2 regular season games? NDSU is #2 in the selection committee's rankings & already has the necessary games played to qualify for the playoffs. Add in the past two weeks' COVID issues with the program & injuries, it just makes sense to continue the COVID pause until the playoffs starts. Get everyone healthy and out of quarantine in time to prep for the 4 straight games in the playoffs.
    I understand where you're coming from but NDSU made the commitment to play this schedule and they need to follow through with it if they're able to. They'd be no better than Spack if they opted to check out until playoff time. It would also give UNI and SDSU fans ammunition until the end of the time to talk shit about how NDSU ducked them in the regular season... no thank you. Play the games.

I understand where you're coming from but NDSU made the commitment to play this schedule and they need to follow through with it if they're able to. They'd be no better than Spack if they opted to check out until playoff time. It would also give UNI and SDSU fans ammunition until the end of the time to talk shit about how NDSU ducked them in the regular season... no thank you. Play the games.
    I don't care if other teams fans have more ammunition. If everyone stopped playing today, SDSU and UND would still get to prove how good they are in the playoffs. With three losses, I can't see UNI getting into the playoffs in any scenario.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Strommer10 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I hear you, but nothing can be gained the rest of the regular season. Only negatives can happen like further COVID issues, additional injuries, etc.
    What happens if we play the last weekend and then have players test positive for COVID? That could cause NDSU to forfeit their first round game and be knocked out of the playoffs without even playing a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I don't care if other teams fans have more ammunition. If everyone stopped playing today, SDSU and UND would still get to prove how good they are in the playoffs. With three losses, I can't see UNI getting into the playoffs in any scenario.
    Maybe... with the way this spring is going NDSU could sit back with no positive tests the last two regular season weeks and then have a positive the week of the first playoff game and have a no contest to end their season. Would be karma IMO if they ducked their last two games when they could've played them. Nothing is guaranteed in this wacky spring. Play the games.

i wanna see more lubke steve conley power I special ASAP

Maybe... with the way this spring is going NDSU could sit back with no positive tests the last two regular season weeks and then have a positive the week of the first playoff game and have a no contest to end their season. Would be karma IMO if they ducked their last two games when they could've played them. Nothing is guaranteed in this wacky spring. Play the games.
    What if we play two more games and then the NCAA cancels the playoffs. Does preparing for an opponent each week detract from the work they normally do in spring practice?
    It's OK to not be OK.

I hear you, but nothing can be gained the rest of the regular season. Only negatives can happen like further COVID issues, additional injuries, etc.
    What happens if we play the last weekend and then have players test positive for COVID? That could cause NDSU to forfeit their first round game and be knocked out of the playoffs without even playing a game.
    Yeah if schools are going to start looking out for their best interests (Montanas, Indy State, Illinois State, etc.) and the NCAA is going to make unilateral dumbass decisions like giving an auto bid to the MEAC, we can look out for ourselves. All fun and games until playoffs are on the line.

That's also possible. The thing is that can happen whether you're playing or not... like I said earlier with the extenuating circumstances this spring if you can play you better play because for all you know that may be the last time you'll be able to take the field as a team this spring. Entz is a fan of saying "Today is all that matters" and opting out of the rest of the regular season because you're satisfied with your current playoff position is a direct contradiction of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    What if we play two more games and then the NCAA cancels the playoffs. Does preparing for an opponent each week detract from the work they normally do in spring practice?
    I'd say no because there would be no spring practice right now if they didn't have any games to prep for. All we'd have to do is look forward to next fall and watch players hit the transfer portal like Illinois St fans are doing.

I get that some think the spring season is a waste a time... I get that some said it was a mistake back in August when it was announced but this is the hand they got dealt and I'd like to see them show the integrity to see it through. It would be a chicken shit move to opt out of games you've committed to playing just because you don't feeling like playing. I don't care if Illinois St did it first... it's still chicken shit.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Yeah if schools are going to start looking out for their best interests (Montanas, Indy State, Illinois State, etc.) and the NCAA is going to make unilateral dumbass decisions like giving an auto bid to the MEAC, we can look out for ourselves. All fun and games until playoffs are on the line.
    Criticizing the NCAA is fine but to suggest that NDSU should stop playing games because the NCAA is giving the 3 team MEAC an autobid is some really misguided logic. It's not a personal insult to NDSU or anyone else. The NCAA messed up but they did so at the expense of the 3rd place CAA team or the 2nd place Southland team and none of us even know who that is right now... it's hardly as big of a deal as some of you are making it.