Page 36 of 60 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Season

Default Re: Spring Season

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post

I'd like to see things return to normal, that's why I wear a goddamn mask.....I know, it's a big ask and an infringement on your liberty to put a thin piece of cloth in front of part of your face when you are near someone else, but everybody bitching on here that wants things back to normal should be doing the same thing. What's more ridiculous: fear of COVID or fear of cloth?

lol, there are virtually no difference between countries and states that implemented mask mandates and ones who didnt, in terms of cases/deaths per million. All of have seen surges, with or without masks. By the way, I wear a mask, I'm not anti-mask. But lets not pretend that the ONLY thing that separating us from the end of this pandemic is mAsKs!!!1. Vaccines stop this thing. Masks do not. People get this thing with and without masks. Stop lying and virtue signaling about your 35 cent mask from menards. How many times have we heard that the virus easily goes through any mask that isnt a KN95? I wear a mask, but pretending that the guy NOT wearing a mask, and the guy wearing am ill fitting, homemade cloth mask, or a gaiter or ANY mask thats not a KN95 are any different. Theyre not. One can claim to be super duper virtuous when they take a selfie in the car, by themselves, and the other knows that neither are doing a God-Dammed thing to help.

Also, saying that people that acknowledge this fact are "afraid" of masks, is ad hominem of the highest order as well as a complete straw man argument.

The vaccine is thousands and thousands of times more effective and more important than Masks. I'm not against masks. But there is NO evidence to suggest that it is a meaningful part of eradicating the disease. Only Vaccines and immunity can do that.

If you can get the vaccine, please do, especially if you have other health factors (age, weight, disease etc). but for the love of God, quit pretending you are making a difference because youre wearing a cloth mask, and pleeeeeease stop posting a selfie after your vaccine. You arent holy, you arent changing anyone's mind. You're just making yourself look like a self-glorifying pompous ass hole with a God Complex
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Shut the spring down. Extra practice was nice, protocols are ending games anyways. People afraid of playing anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    Total Influenza deaths in the US, 2010-2020: 359,000. This isn't currently the seasonal flu; it may look similar once everyone is infected and/or vaccinated, and yearly boosters are administered.....but we aren't near that yet.

Football games and hockey games getting canceled....yep, games. They weren't emergency heart surgeries.....they were college and high school sporting events. Some people need bigger things to worry about.

I'd like to see things return to normal, that's why I wear a goddamn mask.....I know, it's a big ask and an infringement on your liberty to put a thin piece of cloth in front of part of your face when you are near someone else, but everybody bitching on here that wants things back to normal should be doing the same thing. What's more ridiculous: fear of COVID or fear of cloth?

This fall will be different, stop being a drama queen. Plenty of people will have natural immunity, everyone who wants a vaccine will have gotten one, boosters will be available heading into the fall......but the level of herd immunity will depend a bit on enough of the same people that think masks are too hard to actually get vaccinated for the good of society.
    The mask wearing countries have higher influenza rates than the US, if you want the truth.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    lol, there are virtually no difference between countries and states that implemented mask mandates and ones who didnt, in terms of cases/deaths per million. All of have seen surges, with or without masks. By the way, I wear a mask, I'm not anti-mask. But lets not pretend that the ONLY thing that separating us from the end of this pandemic is mAsKs!!!1. Vaccines stop this thing. Masks do not. People get this thing with and without masks. Stop lying and virtue signaling about your 35 cent mask from menards. How many times have we heard that the virus easily goes through any mask that isnt a KN95? I wear a mask, but pretending that the guy NOT wearing a mask, and the guy wearing am ill fitting, homemade cloth mask, or a gaiter or ANY mask thats not a KN95 are any different. Theyre not. One can claim to be super duper virtuous when they take a selfie in the car, by themselves, and the other knows that neither are doing a God-Dammed thing to help.

Also, saying that people that acknowledge this fact are "afraid" of masks, is ad hominem of the highest order as well as a complete straw man argument.

The vaccine is thousands and thousands of times more effective and more important than Masks. I'm not against masks. But there is NO evidence to suggest that it is a meaningful part of eradicating the disease. Only Vaccines and immunity can do that.

If you can get the vaccine, please do, especially if you have other health factors (age, weight, disease etc). but for the love of God, quit pretending you are making a difference because youre wearing a cloth mask, and pleeeeeease stop posting a selfie after your vaccine. You arent holy, you arent changing anyone's mind. You're just making yourself look like a self-glorifying pompous ass hole with a God Complex
    FWIW, I know people in the healthcare industry that were instructed to do this from their superiors. Kind of a "It's safe for us, so it will be safe for you too" type of marketing from the healthcare folks.

Articles from medical science institutions supporting use of cloth masks:

- CDC: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/10/20-0948_article
    - MIT: https://medical.mit.edu/covid-19-upd...oth-masks-work
    - Mayo: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...k/art-20485449

Just sharing for consideration.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Articles from medical science institutions supporting use of cloth masks:

- CDC: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/10/20-0948_article
    - MIT: https://medical.mit.edu/covid-19-upd...oth-masks-work
    - Mayo: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...k/art-20485449

Just sharing for consideration.
    Fauci says to wear TwO mAsKs to be safe.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Fauci says to wear TwO mAsKs to be safe.
    I think a plastic bag over your whole head tightened around the neck is the safest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I think a plastic bag over your whole head tightened around the neck is the safest.
    Smart. Can't catch rona if you aren't breathing. You should be head of WHO.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Smart. Can't catch rona if you aren't breathing. You should be head of WHO.
    WHO sucks.

so, say we're vaccinated and we might want to go to Frisco, are they even selling tickets?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯