Page 9 of 60 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Season

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Spring Season

Can we just do what "big boy" college football does and determine the four playoff teams now?
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    Can we just do what "big boy" college football does and determine the four playoff teams now?
    This is so true. Yet people that don't respect what NDSU has done always say to me but its the same teams in the end in FCS. My argument has always been thats no different than FBS and not until this year did they realize how accurate that is. Finebaum on ESPN jokingly said the only way to make the FBS fair was that all of the teams should get together and pay Saban to retire >
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Montana schools haven't been relevant in the FCS for 20 years, might as well make it 21 sheep huggers!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Who is Sam Houston going to beat in the playoffs if many of the Big Sky teams aren't playing.
    Underrated post.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    They were probably hoping that someone else would make the decision so they didn't have to. I guess that's one form of leadership.
    They must be reading out of the UND Leadership book: Leaders Inaction.

Quote Originally Posted by PlainsBison View Post
    This is all going to lead towards cancellation of any post season. No FCS championship in May 2022.
    I hereby claim the 2020 FCS championship for the undefeated NDSU Bison.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Did you actually read the press release?

Call it excuses if you want (it is) but they're basically saying they don't think they can safely practice early enough to accommodate the proposed Big Sky schedule without having a negative impact on the 2021 fall season.

My main complaint would be that they waited until January 15th to say this.
    I read it... the Montana fans are the first ones to hate on the dome -- but the reality is that it makes it safer and more comfortable to play football in the northern tier

They also don't have a safe place to practice -- both programs should have built practice bubbles before renovating their FB locker rooms to look like Studio 54... the forest fires in late summer/early fall would be enough to justify it...

Pathetic forethought by these "blue blood" FCS programs.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Montana schools haven't been relevant in the FCS for 20 years, might as well make it 21 sheep huggers!
    Ok, I take exception to this, Chapo...…...what have you got against sheep ??

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    I read it... the Montana fans are the first ones to hate on the dome -- but the reality is that it makes it safer and more comfortable to play football in the northern tier

They also don't have a safe place to practice -- both programs should have built practice bubbles before renovating their FB locker rooms to look like Studio 54... the forest fires in late summer/early fall would be enough to justify it...

Pathetic forethought by these "blue blood" FCS programs.
    Pud programs in a pud division of football.

Those dickwads can hate on the Dome all they want, but at least we can play in February and March. Such a BS move to wait until now to announce this. Did they all of a sudden realize that it is cold in Montana in January-March?

Too many games? Pretty sure a 3 month break (4 months for those that don't make the playoffs) will allow 18-22 year old to bounce back. "Oh the humanity! We have to play more foosball in 3 months?"

I friggin hate the FCS. My interest is lessening the more I see of how the rest of this level is handling their programs during the pandemic. It's no surprise we have been on such a run for this many years. I will gladly donate more money for football once we decide to move up -- I don't see what the point of donating more would do for the program when we already dominate...diminishing returns or something like that.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I said it last fall. We should have played for multiple reasons. Spring season with the weather and harm to you g guys bodies was never worth it or going to happen. If you get hurt in the spring good chance you do not play in the fall. We should have played as many games as we could this fall and got ourselves ready for a normal 2021. Major mistake and it’s not hind sight because I was saying this months back.

We may play some games this spring. But what will the actually accomplish? Almost scrimmage like as several teams are already dropping out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk