Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
That's also possible. The thing is that can happen whether you're playing or not... like I said earlier with the extenuating circumstances this spring if you can play you better play because for all you know that may be the last time you'll be able to take the field as a team this spring. Entz is a fan of saying "Today is all that matters" and opting out of the rest of the regular season because you're satisfied with your current playoff position is a direct contradiction of that.

I'd say no because there would be no spring practice right now if they didn't have any games to prep for. All we'd have to do is look forward to next fall and watch players hit the transfer portal like Illinois St fans are doing.

I get that some think the spring season is a waste a time... I get that some said it was a mistake back in August when it was announced but this is the hand they got dealt and I'd like to see them show the integrity to see it through. It would be a chicken shit move to opt out of games you've committed to playing just because you don't feeling like playing. I don't care if Illinois St did it first... it's still chicken shit.

Criticizing the NCAA is fine but to suggest that NDSU should stop playing games because the NCAA is giving the 3 team MEAC an autobid is some really misguided logic. It's not a personal insult to NDSU or anyone else. The NCAA messed up but they did so at the expense of the 3rd place CAA team or the 2nd place Southland team and none of us even know who that is right now... it's hardly as big of a deal as some of you are making it.
It would affect us greatly if we’re the last at large bid that doesn’t get a spot? You couple easily replace the two spots you mentioned with the third or fourth placed MVFC team. Which is easily within reach if we were to lose either of our last two games.

As far as the personal insult piece, it’s a slap in the face to all those who took this spring season seriously. Just a handout to a conference that has absolutely no business sniffing the playoffs this year, especially considering the fact that their only three teams playing have played two games.

The only reason I see to play the last two games is the “keeping our word” aspect. In which case I think we’ve given FCS enough at this point. Even then, COVID is the reason we don’t play the last two games. Not because we Spacked out or because “it’s too cold”