Page 13 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Season

Default Re: Spring Season

Road trip to Southern Illinois replaces road trip to Indiana State.

Home games remain the same opponents. (Youngstown, Ill State, UND, SDSU)

Awkward bye week after first game eliminated.

Open week prior to playoffs for a potential re-schedule of Covid cancelation.

533 In a row

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Reading the Saluki site, it looks like they're limiting attendance to season ticket holders, students, and Saluki families. I imagine the visitor families have to get some access as well, but it sucks the normal people like me won't be able to get into this one. Nice easy road trip from here!
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

Shit, may need to decide between Moving Day at the Masters and the UNI game.

Here’s to hoping it’s a night game.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Shit, may need to decide between Moving Day at the Masters and the UNI game.

Here’s to hoping it’s a night game.
    That UNI game is what I have had penciled in since the first schedule was announced simply due to location. I have teh hotel booked and everything ready to go - let's just get the game played!

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by fanbison View Post
    " Don't be shocked to have some T eligible plays this year."

He will have to change his uniform number. No such thing as tackle eligible in college football.
    Correct. But you can change your jersey during the game. You just have to let the referee know so he can announce.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Road trip to Southern Illinois replaces road trip to Indiana State.

Home games remain the same opponents. (Youngstown, Ill State, UND, SDSU)

Awkward bye week after first game eliminated.

Open week prior to playoffs for a potential re-schedule of Covid cancelation.
    Good on the conference office for having the sense to start over with a clean sheet of paper. With an even number of teams is was smart to go with an open week at the end of the schedule. Also smart to get all teams 8 conference games instead of leaving some to scramble for a non-conference opponent or only play 7.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Yea, this is a LOT of turnover (Hall, Clark, Evans and even Nohava were heralded recruits)
    Definitely a lot of turnover but I don't think it is too far out of the ordinary across the league this year. Lot of transfers, depth seniors opting out of Covid Spring season option, etc.

To expand on the impact of the departures you listed:
    • Saybein Clark was a heralded recruit but he wasn't pushing for snaps last year and with our coaching staff getting all game changing RBs involved whenever they can I think we can put this one down as losing quality depth but not an overly impactful departure. I also think incoming Marshall and Gonnella with the 4 game rule can probably fill in Saybein's snaps admirably if needed.
    • Nohava was a good OL recruit but not sure I would give him the heralded recruit status either. Joe Schreiber (who left the program) and Jalen Sundell (now starting at C) from that recruiting class were, what I would consider, heralded OL prospects. I fully expected Schreiber to be our starting C for at least 2 of his years so was surprised to see that departure awhile back. I had a similar excitement for him as I did for Trenton Mooney who the left the program after his redshirt year. That all being said, with the losses at OL this year I wish we still had Nohava as I think he would've slid into the 2 deep at guard and keeping Willis at 2 deep Center.
    • Dylan Evans was in a similar vein to Nohava for me. I wouldn't say heralded, at least from my review, but definitely a solid depth guy and potential starter caliber. Unfortunate loss but I am not convinced he would've been in the 2 deep with Ching and Derritt at NT and Tucker and Mostaert at DT.
    • Terrell Hall can join the same club. His 2019 recruiting class had EIGHT DBs that I considered all of them to be of similar starter potential except for Dom Jones and Julian Wlodarcyzk (both in the 2 deep now behind Tutsie and Weber at safety) who I considered all-conference potential. This just seems like a numbers game. We are probably set at Safety for awhile and just so much equal competition at CB. Nonetheless, hate losing quality CBs since you need to field so many these days.
    Rixen

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Coach had good things to say about dj stewart in the rb run after moving over from wr initially. Kinda forgot about him but should help with depth.

- Joe Schreiber ended up going JC route - to Iowa Western - caught some new recruiting buzz and signed with East Tennessee in December

- saw Terrell Hall on Minnesota State Mankato roster, so he dropped down to the D2 power and ended up closer to home (from Winona)

- losing Dylan Evans to wherever he went, plus Matt Biegler graduation might explain NDSU’s offer to a DT - the Northern Illinois grad transfer mentioned elsewhere (Weston Kramer - 6’ 1” 290 - Iowa is taking a look at him now, hasn’t offered yet)