Page 8 of 422 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    That is a fair point, at this point in his career at NDSU, Wentz really hadn't seen the field yet. However, the NFL is a tough place to get on the job training.
    Wentz made plays in college and in the NFL that literally make your jaw drop. Lance had some of those elite plays in college but not many were displays of pure arm talent. So for Lance, I just don't know whereas with Wentz you know that potential is there.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    People keep saying how the age of the pocket passer is over. Gimme a break. Mobile QBs have been a thing for decades. Elway, Young, And now Wilson, Rodgers, Mahomes, the pure runners don't have success. Let me know when Jackson or RGIII win a title.
    WTF. Who said anything positive about "pure runners"? I agree that those guys won't do it in the NFL. My point is that guys that rarely get out of the pocket are somewhat dinosaurs. For Brady, I already commented on the preparation and adjustments in the game for him and the excellent way that he takes care of his body. And Rodgers, he's absolutely not a statue. Look at the guy's footwork. He can scramble when needed. Elway and Young were the exception when they were in the league. I'm not sure why it took so long for the big switch to happen. I think that they kept using the old player measurables - Montana, Marino, Testaverde, Theisman, Simms, Boomer, etc - even though the passing schemes were changing so much. Now, it isn't quite as important that a guy is 6'-4" and 225#. Hell, the QB with the most passing yards of all time is a light-footed guy that's shorter than me. I think part of the math is that defensive linemen are so much faster now than they used to be and it has universally caused the pocket to be a bit less stable.

If you don't see the shift in the last 5 years, I can't help you.
    Insert something clever here...

The #Eagles are hiring University of Florida OC Brian Johnson as their new QB coach, source said. The former Utah QB has impressed in the college ranks, including at Mississippi State where he served as Dak Prescott’s QB coach.

this should be good news for getting Carson out of philly!!

can we open the Big Wentz thread o
    now? pretty please?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    The #Eagles are hiring University of Florida OC Brian Johnson as their new QB coach, source said. The former Utah QB has impressed in the college ranks, including at Mississippi State where he served as Dak Prescott’s QB coach.

this should be good news for getting Carson out of philly!!

can we open the Big Wentz thread o
    now? pretty please?
    Serious question, how is this good news for getting Carson out of Philly? Because this guy coached Prescott??

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Serious question, how is this good news for getting Carson out of Philly? Because this guy coached Prescott??
    I saw comments in a twitter thread about the hiring that this means the Eagles favor Hurts because Brian Johnson recruited him in college. That seems like a reach. He talked to him about playing college football 5-6 years ago so that makes the decision on who the QB is?

Correction - I saw another article that says Johnson has known hurts since he was 4. Still not sure if that means anything.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    I saw comments in a twitter thread about the hiring that this means the Eagles favor Hurts because Brian Johnson recruited him in college. That seems like a reach. He talked to him about playing college football 5-6 years ago so that makes the decision on who the QB is?

Correction - I saw another article that says Johnson has known hurts since he was 4. Still not sure if that means anything.
    Ah I see. I guess I can see where the comments come from but agree not sure it means much.

there's a hurts relationship.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post

At this point I’ll buy anything to give me hope he gets a shot somewhere else...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Their radio is saying this is pointing to Hurts and they are also saying Philly wants to keep Carson another year because of the dead money and to push Hurts. Carson may be stuck in Philly another year or 2 and may not even play.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Their radio is saying this is pointing to Hurts and they are also saying Philly wants to keep Carson another year because of the dead money and to push Hurts. Carson may be stuck in Philly another year or 2 and may not even play.
    Maybe good for Carson to get healthy?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery