Page 316 of 422 FirstFirst ... 216266306314315316317318326366416 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,160 of 4218

Thread: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    I hear what you are saying Indy, but until very recently Prescott was not bashed very much. To me Prescott is somewhat similar to Wentz as they both need good teams around them to be good QBs. Neither can carry a team like a top 5 QB typically can. Still you don't hear hardly any bashing and not constant bashing about Tannehill. Tannehill's career stats are actually slightly worse than Wentz.

Although I will say the Cowboys overall have been completely overrated nationally for years. I mean seriously they are favored against the Vikings as US Bank stadium. It is probably too even teams but with home field the Vikings should be favored.
    I don't know the cowboy fans I know where pretty pissed that Dak and Zeke went to Mexico to party on the bye week rookie year. Heard lots of complaints from them over the years about Dak.

Lardsin must go!

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    Carson's problem is Carson himself. Somehow the team does not want to play for him wherever he goes. He is a good person but it looks like league dont see him as a football player , and maybe see him more like a $200 million preacher man, doing prayer meetings and talking about higher truth. So Carson controls his own destiny based on his priorities.
    Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    I think it is pretty normal for the rest of the team to step up when the starter goes down. I don’t think it is a matter of players not wanting to play with Wentz. I think it is more a matter of players feeling like they have to step up. It is a pretty common phenomenon when a star player goes down.

Heinicke does have a moxxy about him that is fun, but players also tend to have better attitudes when winning.
    I really dislike the narrative of professionals not wanting to "step up" and play their best 100% ALL the time for ALL of their teammates. "My starting QB went down, I guess I better flip the switch and try harder/pick up the slack." Maybe it's just lip service and a standard line, but it is said too often (not just in Carson's case).
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Unfortunately Carson is in a no-win situation. He plays and they lose he will get crushed. Taylor is not good. Not even average. The oline is playing much better and has gotten guys back from injury Look at the rushing totals in the past few games. If Carson played this past game and they won the media would be saying they won despite him. Taylor lost a fumble and was picked. He didn’t play well but the media is fawning all over this guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    I really dislike the narrative of professionals not wanting to "step up" and play their best 100% ALL the time for ALL of their teammates. "My starting QB went down, I guess I better flip the switch and try harder/pick up the slack." Maybe it's just lip service and a standard line, but it is said too often (not just in Carson's case).
    I don’t think it is that they aren’t giving good effort all the time, but there is a mindset difference knowing that you have other teammates to lean on versus thinking you have to go above and beyond your normal limits. This is just my personal experience with sports, but mood and mindset have a huge effect on your play and sometimes teams rally when their best players go down. It can have the reverse effect too where the rest of the team gets down and hopeless.

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Unfortunately Carson is in a no-win situation. He plays and they lose he will get crushed. Taylor is not good. Not even average. The oline is playing much better and has gotten guys back from injury Look at the rushing totals in the past few games. If Carson played this past game and they won the media would be saying they won despite him. Taylor lost a fumble and was picked. He didn’t play well but the media is fawning all over this guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    they ain't losing to 1-7 Texans.

this is a PERFECT spot to put Wentz back in. so he succeeds Game 1
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Running better? Maybe, but let’s look at the stats from the box scores on the Commanders website. In 6 games with Carson, they averaged 3.8 yards per rush attempt. In 4 games with Taylor, they are averaging 3.8 yards per rush attempt. So doesn’t seem they are running it better, but they are running it more. Under Wentz, they were averaging 24 rushes per game. Under Taylor, they are averaging 36 rushes per game.

The questing then is why are they running it more? Are the coaches calling more running plays or is Taylor not checking out of the run as much as Carson does? Is it because in Taylor’s games they had a lead more often so they could keep running? Could be a number of things that pretty much only someone on the team could answer, but it wouldn’t surprise me at all if, given the choice between run or pass, that Carson chooses pass more that Taylor does.

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    Heineke is a great story but he has not played well.
    But Wentz hadn't been playing well either, especially when it mattered. I don't think Heineke is a better QB, especially long term, but they were 2-4 with Wentz and 3-1 Heineke.
    CW - Rating 84.1, QBR 32.4
    TH - Rating 82.7, QBR 47.2

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    Running better? Maybe, but let’s look at the stats from the box scores on the Commanders website. In 6 games with Carson, they averaged 3.8 yards per rush attempt. In 4 games with Taylor, they are averaging 3.8 yards per rush attempt. So doesn’t seem they are running it better, but they are running it more. Under Wentz, they were averaging 24 rushes per game. Under Taylor, they are averaging 36 rushes per game.

The questing then is why are they running it more? Are the coaches calling more running plays or is Taylor not checking out of the run as much as Carson does? Is it because in Taylor’s games they had a lead more often so they could keep running? Could be a number of things that pretty much only someone on the team could answer, but it wouldn’t surprise me at all if, given the choice between run or pass, that Carson chooses pass more that Taylor does.
    It's no secret teams change how they play with backup QB's in. There was a time when the Steelers had a better record without Big Ben playing. No one on earth would believe Charlie Batch or whomever was a better QB though.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    But Wentz hadn't been playing well either, especially when it mattered. I don't think Heineke is a better QB, especially long term, but they were 2-4 with Wentz and 3-1 Heineke.
    CW - Rating 84.1, QBR 32.4
    TH - Rating 82.7, QBR 47.2
    why are you on this site every post is nonsense. bye

Wentz should start
    Heineke is a BACK UP who did his job. it's over. Rivera should hurry up
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    It's no secret teams change how they play with backup QB's in. There was a time when the Steelers had a better record without Big Ben playing. No one on earth would believe Charlie Batch or whomever was a better QB though.
    There is the issue with figuring a guy out... The starter usually has a ton of film on him to study and understand their tendencies. The backup usually doesn't. Defenses in the NFL are smart, they will figure you out and you will need to adapt.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.