Page 296 of 422 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346396 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 4218

Thread: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Eagles fans are laughing their ass off at Carson

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    If Eagles fans are your barometer for comedy…
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 10-10-2022 at 06:02 PM.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I didn't watch the game but saw some stats on ESPN that showed that he fumbled 3 times but none of them were lost. Is that correct? Also showed that he was the second leading rusher with 15 yards. I assume that's from scrambling and that he actually got positive yards. Also, the leading rusher got 22. Yikes.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    That team isn't built for long term success. Much like the Cards last year. It'll catch up with them.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    I didn't watch the game but saw some stats on ESPN that showed that he fumbled 3 times but none of them were lost. Is that correct? Also showed that he was the second leading rusher with 15 yards. I assume that's from scrambling and that he actually got positive yards. Also, the leading rusher got 22. Yikes.
    I think there were a lot of bad snaps they might be calling fumbles. At least that's what it sounded like on the radio.

Washington's oline is really bad, lots of penalties just not going to overcome all the mistakes they make, seems like they are always in 2nd or 3rd and long. Yesterday was a winnable game and Carson blew it at the end. Had a chance to change the narrative and couldn't do it. You can blame it on a lot of things but at the end he has to make a better decision and play there.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Washington's oline is really bad, lots of penalties just not going to overcome all the mistakes they make, seems like they are always in 2nd or 3rd and long. Yesterday was a winnable game and Carson blew it at the end. Had a chance to change the narrative and couldn't do it. You can blame it on a lot of things but at the end he has to make a better decision and play there.
    This is exactly my thoughts as well. Wentz went to a bad situation and isn't quite good enough to bring them out of it. Let's assess the team. Bad Owner, Bad oline with injuries that has made them even worse since the Detroit game, injury riddled defense, and Carson is who he is. He is just one of those QBs like a Ryan Tannehill that needs a good team around him to be good. Only a top five QB could remotely help Washington and that still might not help Washington.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Didn’t fumble. Those were horrible snaps. Center was struggling. The guards and center are really bad. Constant and instant pressure up the middle for weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very few quarterbacks can look good on a bad (or very bad) team. However, I did see Carson on the passing leaders graphic from some show on Sunday afternoon/evening. Looking at his stats vs the Titans, they aren't bad.

25-38, 359 YDS, 2 TD, 1 INT

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    This is exactly my thoughts as well. Wentz went to a bad situation and isn't quite good enough to bring them out of it. Let's assess the team. Bad Owner, Bad oline with injuries that has made them even worse since the Detroit game, injury riddled defense, and Carson is who he is. He is just one of those QBs like a Ryan Tannehill that needs a good team around him to be good. Only a top five QB could remotely help Washington and that still might not help Washington.
    It's OK to not be OK.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Very few quarterbacks can look good on a bad (or very bad) team. However, I did see Carson on the passing leaders graphic from some show on Sunday afternoon/evening. Looking at his stats vs the Titans, they aren't bad.

25-38, 359 YDS, 2 TD, 1 INT
    The last goal line stand looked bad for Wentz. He threw potentially three interceptable balls. The first was a throwaway that was a little too close to being catchable in bounds. DB caught it, but couldn’t keep feet in. The second was an attempt to fit the ball in a tight window and was almost intercepted. The third pass was the same thing, but was intercepted. There may have been a miscommunication between Wentz and the WR too.

It looked worse than it probably was, but you still really want Wentz to come through there. I will say the playcalling was atrocious at the goal line though. Bad clock management by Rivera led to the Redskins being put in a pass situation from the 2 yard line. They called uncreative plays and the WR’s looked covered. It isn’t all on Wentz, but a throwaway on 3rd down would have looked better.
    Last edited by HerdistheWord; 10-10-2022 at 09:25 PM.