Page 231 of 422 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281331 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 4218

Thread: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    This is an interesting take. One of the criticisms coming from those reporting in indy with numerous unnamed sources was CW's lack of leadership. Yet, somehow this narrative keeps going back to how he had all these followers also refusing to vaccinate because of CW's leadership.

So is it lack of leadership or some didn't like where he was leading people? It can't go both ways.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Indy had a lot of players vocal about not being vaccinated before CW got there. CW wasn’t the “anti-vax” leader in that locker room. Darius Leonard was under scrutiny for his refusal to get the vaccine before CW ever arrived. Darius Leonard was also a stronger leader than CW was for the Colts. I think the anti-vax narrative is a rather silly one.

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    The only speculative BS is every person in this thread who's an outsider on the situation saying all these NFL minds are wrong about Wentz. You can disagree all you want with the NFL rap sheet on Wentz, and there's most likely some fabrication to it, but they are made by NFL minds who are a lot more in the know than anyone Bison fan in this thread.
    Dude. You’re the person who said there were reports and then couldn’t come up with one report. Just take the L and make fun of Carson some other way. Nice try at deflection though.

What’s weirder than people here being supportive of him are the people coming here trying to tear him down. Takes a strange person to get off on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Indy had a lot of players vocal about not being vaccinated before CW got there. CW wasn’t the “anti-vax” leader in that locker room. Darius Leonard was under scrutiny for his refusal to get the vaccine before CW ever arrived. Darius Leonard was also a stronger leader than CW was for the Colts. I think the anti-vax narrative is a rather silly one.
    It's not silly. Old Jimmy red nose probably thought hey we'll get this new guy to get vaxed and then maybe the rest of team will follow suit. The new guy was like no way hey. I can see how that would piss the boss off. Boss can't really do shit about it but hold a grudge. Although after farther review I'm finding that Jimmy red nose was already pissed at Carson before the last 2 games of the season and was refusing to meet with Carson before the end of season and that also probably put more pressure on Carson then he needed at that time.

I'm not saying Carson convinced everyone in the Colts organization to not get vaxed. He didn't help the situation either. And if it's not that silly narrative then the narrative must be Carson is a little bitch diva in the locker room. 2 years in a row. 2 different teams.

Lardsin must go!

Cowherd once again

https://youtu.be/W3QzPGKQQ6o

If he performs to the expected level of a 1st round draft pick/franchise QB, he would still be in Philly on not on his 3rd team in 3 years. All this alleged off-the-field, character/leadership stuff wouldn't matter
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    If he performs to the expected level of a 1st round draft pick/franchise QB, he would still be in Philly on not on his 3rd team in 3 years. All this alleged off-the-field, character/leadership stuff wouldn't matter
    This is a true statement. However the NFL is just acting like our culture. In the 80's, 90's and 2000's a QB like Wentz and Cousins would have been way more loved. Problem is people have nothing better to do than criticize others on social media (including all of us here) and TV. People have zero patience anymore and need immediate gratification and that is the problem when you have a QB that is about a 10-15 rated QB in the league. They have a high salary and have some great moments and some below average moments and all people do is focus on the below average moments.

Wentz is like a 12-15 rated QB, but he deserved another year in Indy and Irsay is a complete freak. Now he has no QB and you never have great leadership when your QB keeps rotating every year.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Looks like little Nas x is a Carson Wentz fan!

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    This is a true statement. However the NFL is just acting like our culture. In the 80's, 90's and 2000's a QB like Wentz and Cousins would have been way more loved. Problem is people have nothing better to do than criticize others on social media (including all of us here) and TV. People have zero patience anymore and need immediate gratification and that is the problem when you have a QB that is about a 10-15 rated QB in the league. They have a high salary and have some great moments and some below average moments and all people do is focus on the below average moments.

Wentz is like a 12-15 rated QB, but he deserved another year in Indy and Irsay is a complete freak. Now he has no QB and you never have great leadership when your QB keeps rotating every year.
    You do have a fair point about social media and how it is reported in the actual media. I am often amazed at how often "twitter outrage" is reported as real public opinion.

That being said, there is still enough smoke around that there is a real fire somewhere.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    You mean when he brought a receiving corps of practice squad players to the playoffs? Then Roseman effed up the draft again and had to get rid of both his HC and starting QB as a scapegoat to keep his job? Lol. Greg Ward was his best WR, who was playing in the AAF 6 months before the season started... Yeah, how couldn't he have led them to the playoffs back to back?

FWIW

I played against Carson in high school, had classes with him in college, etc. and I've seen his press conferences where he says the right things, even when the chips are down. I would be absolutely shocked if he was a major issue in the locker room. Am I going to say that he fits in inside an NFL locker room or is a great leader or anything like that? I have no idea, never been in an NFL locker room and I doubt anyone else here has.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not that this matters anymore these days cause everyone has their opinion and it seems it can never be swayed but let's look at the first six years between Carson and Ben Roethlisberger who he was compared to coming out of College.
    Attempts Completions % Yards TDS Int
    Ben 2,411 1,526 63% 19,302 127 81
    Carson 3,008 1,884 63% 20,374 140 57

Who would you rather have? Carson is better. He also did not have off the field issues like Ben has had which were pretty bad. People these days cannot have any patience whatsoever. Carson has been labeled by the media for whatever the reason and it sucks.

By the way Ben's seventh season he only had 17tds and 5 int and his 8th season wasnt much better with 21 tds and 14 ints. Not exactly great stats yet is considered a HOF. So it does matter who is around you as he also had good WRs.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.