Page 17 of 422 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

BisonTru is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    They agreed to his current extension prior to the 2019 season which was at least a full year before they had to shit or get off the pot with him. They had a (fairly expensive) team option for the 2020 season that they could've exercised meaning his first potential year on the franchise tag would've been the upcoming 2021 season. I think they saved a little bit last year when it came to a cap hit with his extension rather than using the 5th year option of his rookie contract but it wasn't that much. If their front office is now set on Hurts as the starter they're as wishy-washy as some of their fans.
    In 2019 he was coming off an ok year but with another injury that held him out of the playoffs. Many people at the time thought with his injury history they shouldn't sign him yet, but I think they got a bit of a discount for the potential injury prone plus his '18 season wasn't as good as '17. Had he returned to his '17 performance and stayed healthy (he has stayed healthy outside of the concussion in '19) he could have asked for the world. Hindsight is 20/20.

Ultimately though drafting Hurts set the stage. I don't think Howie thought Hurts was the replacement. I think he was greedy thinking, hey if Wentz gets hurt, and then Hurts balls out. I can trade one for a lot. Instead Wentz stumbled and the fans started calling for Hurts.

They need to commit to someone. Keeping a QB controversy doesn't make sense and Hurts is so unproven and so cheap, it'd be hard to deal him. They obviously aren't and Wentz is headed out. All in all, good for Wentz, imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD
    Hail the Bison!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    With Mariota out there for a lot cheaper, I doubt they'll move him if they keep the price the same.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

well....we're waiting................. hurry up COLTS!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

There's some rumors that Indy may like Wentz to rework his contract. I think there's some creative accounting that could help Philly out with the cap hit. He definitely doesn't have to change his deal, but it would be a bit of leverage he could use if he wants the trade to go a certain direction.

Things have gotten so quiet for the last few days. IMO either A) a deal is close but there's a bunch of details to work out or B) Everyone's dug in and nobody is blinking.
    Hail the Bison!

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    There's some rumors that Indy may like Wentz to rework his contract. I think there's some creative accounting that could help Philly out with the cap hit. He definitely doesn't have to change his deal, but it would be a bit of leverage he could use if he wants the trade to go a certain direction.

Things have gotten so quiet for the last few days. IMO either A) a deal is close but there's a bunch of details to work out or B) Everyone's dug in and nobody is blinking.
    If I were Indy I'd give them their requested draft picks knowing the Philly front office will fuck it up anyway
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    If I were Indy I'd give them their requested draft picks knowing the Philly front office will fuck it up anyway
    True that, but Indy has been drafting pretty well. So those picks are valuable to them.
    Hail the Bison!

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Personally, I hope Wentz goes for as low as value as possible. I want his destination team to retain as much draft capital as possible so they can surround him with talent later on.