Page 16 of 422 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Chicago fans aren't terrible. Would be an interesting place.
    Yep. Chicago fans are way more willing to stand behind their players and not turn on them at a moments notice.

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by GOD
    Hail the Bison!

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well if I was a Bears fan and looked at the all time Bears QB stats and realized that Trubisky is way up on the list any QB that came in and and did a good job would be an instant hero.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

The negativity for Wentz continues in Philly.
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/anonymo...140841901.html

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

This seems far more likely IMO.

https://www.si.com/nfl/eagles/.amp/n...mpression=true

Philly's front office is a fricking disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    This seems far more likely IMO.

https://www.si.com/nfl/eagles/.amp/n...mpression=true

Philly's front office is a fricking disaster.

I'll say it again. The Eagles have drafted one Pro Bowler since 2013 (and making the Pro Bowl hasn't been that hard the last few seasons with as many replacements as they've had to name)... and that's Carson Wentz. Why the hell did Howie give Wentz that monster contract that essentially married them to him through the 2021 season if he wasn't their guy? Does a front office full of "football guys" really read that much into a lost season??? You're absolutely right that front office is a freakin' disaster.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

I'll say it again. The Eagles have drafted one Pro Bowler since 2013 (and making the Pro Bowl hasn't been that hard the last few seasons with as many replacements as they've had to name)... and that's Carson Wentz. Why the hell did Howie give Wentz that monster contract that essentially married them to him through the 2021 season if he wasn't their guy? Does a front office full of "football guys" really read that much into a lost season??? You're absolutely right that front office is a freakin' disaster.
    Howie changed his mind on Carson after the Clowney hit.

Lardsin must go!

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

I don't have much of a problem with Howie signing him to the contract. Look at Dallas. They didn't sign Dak and now they got to tag him, sign him or watch him go. And honestly Howie is going to get something for Wentz and his contract. All the dead cap they are eating are from structuring and restructuring Wentz's deal. Basically calling the salary a signing bonus and spreading it out over the contract, but now all that has to go against the cap. He did that with a bunch of Philly's big contracts and now he's in cap trouble.

He's been awful at drafting though and now he has absolutely no cap space. I honestly feel sorry for Jalen because the only hope of adding offensive weapons is via the draft and that sure the hell hasn't worked out lately. Wentz has to get out. I don't think even the FO can walk this back now, but if they did I'd demand a trade if I was Wentz. If he already hasn't.

Eerily quiet today.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD
    Hail the Bison!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    I don't have much of a problem with Howie signing him to the contract. Look at Dallas. They didn't sign Dak and now they got to tag him, sign him or watch him go. And honestly Howie is going to get something for Wentz and his contract. All the dead cap they are eating are from structuring and restructuring Wentz's deal. Basically calling the salary a signing bonus and spreading it out over the contract, but now all that has to go against the cap. He did that with a bunch of Philly's big contracts and now he's in cap trouble.

He's been awful at drafting though and now he has absolutely no cap space. I honestly feel sorry for Jalen because the only hope of adding offensive weapons is via the draft and that sure the hell hasn't worked out lately. Wentz has to get out. I don't think even the FO can walk this back now, but if they did I'd demand a trade if I was Wentz. If he already hasn't.

Eerily quiet today.
    They agreed to his current extension prior to the 2019 season which was at least a full year before they had to shit or get off the pot with him. They had a (fairly expensive) team option for the 2020 season that they could've exercised meaning his first potential year on the franchise tag would've been the upcoming 2021 season. I think they saved a little bit last year when it came to a cap hit with his extension rather than using the 5th year option of his rookie contract but it wasn't that much. If their front office is now set on Hurts as the starter they're as wishy-washy as some of their fans.

And if Howie gets everyone else out that helped win the super bowl and somehow they win he can fully take credit. But don’t see that happening.