Page 146 of 422 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 4218

Thread: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Wentz deserves a lot of blame for that loss. He still makes some dumb decisions at the worst times. With that said I just don't understand why these coaches get so dang pass happy and go completely away from running the ball. Indy has a good run game and one of the best backs in the league and Reich refused to run the ball in the second half and overtime. 20 rushes and 51 passes? It's mind boggling.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Wentz will be roasted for the pick six, but that was less his fault. The play call was terrible. I think it was slow developing playaction screen from their own 8 yard line. He couldn’t get the ball to his target as the lane was blocked. Then he was wrapped in the endzone, and at that point had to avoid a safety or intentional grounding. This he threw up a duck. The pick six was actually better than a safety at that point though. My issue is several other plays where he forced passes instead of taking what was available. Today was a step back, and I hope he reigns himself in a bit.
    I wouldn't say the pick at the end was as bad as seems. Safety cage if his responsibility reading eyes and gambled. Made a play and won the game. Not a good pass but not half as stupid as the pick 6

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

What do you guys expect? He's playing games on the sabbath!

Lardsin must go!

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Listened to the post game show on the way home from the game. During his press conference Reich took responsibility for the horrible play that resulted in the pick 6. He said you should never run a screen like that necked up to your own end zone. He mentioned 2 or 3 others he admitted to poor play calls. One was the third down play (should have run rather than pass) before the failed 4th down in the first half.

Fun game but bummed at the outcome. Went to Vikings game in Cincinnati and they lost in OT on a bad turnover. Same with the Colts today. I'm not going to any more games.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Listened to the post game show on the way home from the game. During his press conference Reich took responsibility for the horrible play that resulted in the pick 6. He said you should never run a screen like that necked up to your own end zone. He mentioned 2 or 3 others he admitted to poor play calls. One was the third down play (should have run rather than pass) before the failed 4th down in the first half.

Fun game but bummed at the outcome. Went to Vikings game in Cincinnati and they lost in OT on a bad turnover. Same with the Colts today. I'm not going to any more games.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Reich is a class act. He knows how to take the blame off the player which a good coach will do.
    Playing QB in the NFL can be a tough gig. Brady had 3 turnovers today!

Wentz is an average QB. He and Goff have never lived up to their 1-2 picks in the draft. Well, I guess Wentz did that one year.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    GOTTA GO FOR 2 !! you were gonna lose anyways!
    they had all the momentum, shoulda went for w and won it
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Wentz will be roasted for the pick six, but that was less his fault. The play call was terrible. I think it was slow developing playaction screen from their own 8 yard line. He couldn’t get the ball to his target as the lane was blocked. Then he was wrapped in the endzone, and at that point had to avoid a safety or intentional grounding. This he threw up a duck. The pick six was actually better than a safety at that point though. My issue is several other plays where he forced passes instead of taking what was available. Today was a step back, and I hope he reigns himself in a bit.
    That was an awful playcall. 2nd INT was on Carson, missed Taylor wide open in the middle of the field that wouldve got them a 1st down.
    Last edited by ndsubison1; 11-01-2021 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    That was an awful playcall. 2nd INT was on Carson, missed Taylor wide open in the middle of the field that wouldve got them a 1st down.
    Heck he may of scored on that play

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    Heck he may of scored on that play
    I’m sure Carson will beat himself up over it, but he has to stop himself from snowballing and just bounce back.