Page 227 of 422 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277327 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 4218

Thread: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    https://www-nbcsports-com.cdn.amppro...s-trade-report

The story makes it look like they really didn't like him off the field and it wasn't as much his play as his quirkiness. The part about Wentz learning he was on shaky ground with couple months left in season and requesting to meet with irsay who didn't probably led to uom struggling the last 2 games, but it jeeds to be asked why its getting to that point.

And it's not just the vaccine they would have overlooked that like other organizations did with their qb who didn't get vaccinatwd.
    I’m sure most people here would consider me a Wentz critic, I read the quotes in that link. Seems like a nothing burger to me. Not saying he isn’t a problem just that I don’t see anything substantive in those statements.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Wonder how Wentz and Rivera are going to get along since Rivera is pretty adamant about players being vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Erstad was a great athlete. Besides football and baseball he was a great hockey player and ND State champion in the 110 and 330 meter hurdles.
    The number 1 overall pick in the 1995 MLB baseball draft!
    Coached him in bantams. I’ve been coaching the game of hockey for nearly 40 years and to this day I’ve never coached a more intense player. He took practice like it was the seventh game of the Stanley Cup. Obviously that intensity paid off. He comes back and plays in our annual alumni game. Still as intense as he was when I coached him

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I’m sure most people here would consider me a Wentz critic, I read the quotes in that link. Seems like a nothing burger to me. Not saying he isn’t a problem just that I don’t see anything substantive in those statements.
    What would you think would cause them to give up on Wentz after 1 year, considering everything they gave up for him, with no current direction for QB on a team that is considered entering their prime of contention? It makes zero sense. It wasn't the play on the field, and it certainly wasn't what happened the last 2 games.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    There were only three networks that broadcasted sports at all back then. Even in the 1980s growing up without cable, I had to stay up late to watch the George Michael Sports Machine or halftime on Monday Night Football to get highlights from most NFL games.
    George Michaels sports machine on Sunday Nights. This was Sportscenter before Sportscenter and when Sportscenter did highlights.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I agree with pretty much all of this, Indy was the best spot for him but the druggy owner couldn't get past his vax status. Thought he would have had a much better 2nd year there but now heading to Washington where everything goes to shit under Snyders regime not good. Wouldn't be shocked if this is his last year in the league.
    NFL dropped their bullshit covid rules because they did nothing. It proves Carson making his own decision for him was the correct call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discussion on 2 pros and a cup of joe this morning. NFC QB's, Dak, Carson, Jalen Hurts and Jones for NYG and how Washington did a few years back with Alex Smith in charge. The DC Football team has a chance and is probably a good futures bet to win the division.

There were only three networks that broadcasted sports at all back then. Even in the 1980s growing up without cable, I had to stay up late to watch the George Michael Sports Machine or halftime on Monday Night Football to get highlights from most NFL games.
    If I recall. Baseball game of the week was on NBC on Saturday and then later ABC added Monday Night Baseball since football had done so well.

You had to read the paper to get boxscores , and the sporting news was where you went for stats and team reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    What would you think would cause them to give up on Wentz after 1 year, considering everything they gave up for him, with no current direction for QB on a team that is considered entering their prime of contention? It makes zero sense. It wasn't the play on the field, and it certainly wasn't what happened the last 2 games.
    So yeah, no reports. Just speculative BS. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The George Michael Sports Machine was awesome! I can’t recall ever seeing it or hearing anything about it after 1993 or so, but apparently it kept going until 2007.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ge...Sports_Machine