Page 326 of 422 FirstFirst ... 226276316324325326327328336376 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,260 of 4218

Thread: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I think Walker had a kick return or maybe a run of 90+ yards with one shoe and then it was all downhill from there with the Vikings.
    I remember that so clearly. As a kid seeing his first action as a Viking being that return with one shoe flying off I was soooo excited. Was too young to know better than to believe in my beloved Vikings.

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

I think Walker had a kick return or maybe a run of 90+ yards with one shoe and then it was all downhill from there with the Vikings.
    If I remember, they kept trying to run him side to side instead of straight ahead, which was his strength....tried to work him into the offense rather than shaping it around him....

Remember it well and if I’m not mistaken it was against the Packers

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I remember that so clearly. As a kid seeing his first action as a Viking being that return with one shoe flying off I was soooo excited. Was too young to know better than to believe in my beloved Vikings.
    I remember that vividly as well. I was able to hear Emmit Smith speak a few years back and he was introduced as the Vikings draft pick traded to the Cowboys (actually the Cowboys used the Vikings pick to move up four spots to get Smith), ouch. I got to talk to him for a minute and he really seemed like a genuinely nice guy which has made my hatred for him and those Cowboys teams disappear a little bit, well at least for him anyway.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    If I remember, they kept trying to run him side to side instead of straight ahead, which was his strength....tried to work him into the offense rather than shaping it around him....
    Precisely. Most of Hershell's downfall was due to coaches being stupid with the offensive scheme. He actually wasn't that shifty at all. Just very power and super fast. Dallas kept him in the I formation and he killed it for them, even though the rest of that Cowboys team was not so great.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    I remember that vividly as well. I was able to hear Emmit Smith speak a few years back and he was introduced as the Vikings draft pick traded to the Cowboys (actually the Cowboys used the Vikings pick to move up four spots to get Smith), ouch. I got to talk to him for a minute and he really seemed like a genuinely nice guy which has made my hatred for him and those Cowboys teams disappear a little bit, well at least for him anyway.
    I still haven't forgiven them for Drew Pearson pushing off in the old Met....

Future VP of Trumperica Herschel Walker or a different one?
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    I still haven't forgiven them for Drew Pearson pushing off in the old Met....
    Based on the boos Drew got in Frisco, a lot of Bison fans haven't forgiven him yet either.

so went can Wentz Return to play?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    well for starters the defense is giving up about 6 points a game less since Taylor has taken over. Plus their Oline guards/center have gotten healthy. On top of that other then the Eagle game they are playing some pretty bad teams. If you watch they are winning despite the QB play. Not because of it. Taylor has been pretty pedestrian.
    Call it mojo... chemistry... karma... team attitude. Leadership style? Inspiring the troops? There's an intangible element to sports as well. Maybe that's what Heinike contributes to.

Also, through 6 games each: Heinicke 61% pass completion rate; 7.0 yards per pass; TD pass rate 3.3% of completions; Interceptions 2.7%.
    Wentz: 62% ; 6.4 yards; 4.3 % TD's; 2.6 % interceptions. Not a whole lot there says Heinicke is a lot worse. The biggest difference: Heinicke has 9 sacks (2.6% of snaps) vs 23 for Wentz (5.5% of snaps). Wentz didn't beat the Eagles, while Heinicke did.
    Quality of competition: Current winning % for Weinicke opponents: 49% vs 54 for Wentz. None of this suggests Carson is superior.

Look, I like Carson Wentz. I wish him nothing but the best.

But if you're winning football games, you don't mess with success. You dance with the girl (or boy) that brung ya.