Page 320 of 421 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320321322330370420 ... LastLast
Results 3,191 to 3,200 of 4204

Thread: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Taylor led the league in rushing last year. But whatever. People should really have a fucking clue before you type something so idiotic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Too right. For example in this very instance the respondent incorrectly makes some wild ass jump to Jonathan Taylor when in fact @RonMexico was referring to Taylor Heineke. Conjures some old trope about glass houses.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Taylor led the league in rushing last year. But whatever. People should really have a fucking clue before you type something so idiotic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is funny that people think Carson is checking out of running plays to pass plays. You can tell when a QB is checking out of play and most of the time Carson is not doing that as I have watched a lot of his pro games. Again he gets blamed for all sorts of stuff that is just ridiculous. At this point they should blame him for the defense as well.

You could tell Manning did it alot but that was Manning.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    It is funny that people think Carson is checking out of running plays to pass plays. You can tell when a QB is checking out of play and most of the time Carson is not doing that as I have watched a lot of his pro games. Again he gets blamed for all sorts of stuff that is just ridiculous. At this point they should blame him for the defense as well.

You could tell Manning did it alot but that was Manning.
    I'm not trying to lay any blame. I am saying that it could be. We will never know that unless someone from the team comes out and says that. I'm not saying Carson is totally to blame, but I am also not going to sit here and say Carson has no blame. Carson has been on three teams and on all three of those teams the complaint about the offense has been they don't run enough. The common denominator between all those teams in Wentz. It's starting to turn into a pattern.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    I'm not trying to lay any blame. I am saying that it could be. We will never know that unless someone from the team comes out and says that. I'm not saying Carson is totally to blame, but I am also not going to sit here and say Carson has no blame. Carson has been on three teams and on all three of those teams the complaint about the offense has been they don't run enough. The common denominator between all those teams in Wentz. It's starting to turn into a pattern.
    I hear what you are saying but there is less of a denominator than you think. The Colts are actually worse on offense by quite a bit so that denominator is worthless. The Eagles actually got some receivers and some lineman. Unfortunately the last year Wentz was there which was his only bad year there the team had gotten old on the offensive side of the ball. I just feel there is way more to it than just Wentz. Yes he has his weaknesses that is for sure, but Reich would have kept him in heartbeat.

Let me ask you a question have you ever started a new job? How hard is it your first say 6-12 months. Wentz has now started a new job each of the last two years. It takes time and he wasn't given that in Indy solely because of his vaccine stance and don't say it was cause of the Jags loss cause Indy has lost 6 straight in Jacksonville.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

There were never any complaints in Indy that they didn't run enough. If anything, they ran too much. There were a few games where Carson only threw 20-25 passes (all wins) because they were so run heavy. He averaged 25 passes in their 9 wins and 37 in their 8 losses. Meanwhile, Taylor averaged 23 carries in their wins for 133 yards (5.8 ypc) and 16 carries for 70 yards (4.5 ypc) in their losses. He ran away with the NFL rushing title. They lost twice in OT and 3 other times by 1 score. They were hot and in the driver's seat with 2 games left. He played poorly and the Colts played worse in those last 2 games affected largely by players out with COVID and recovering. That's where he sealed his fate fair or not with Irsay and the fans.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

What is his contract situation? He at the end of the deal Philly gave him yet? Might he hit open market this year?

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    There were never any complaints in Indy that they didn't run enough. If anything, they ran too much. There were a few games where Carson only threw 20-25 passes (all wins) because they were so run heavy. He averaged 25 passes in their 9 wins and 37 in their 8 losses. Meanwhile, Taylor averaged 23 carries in their wins for 133 yards (5.8 ypc) and 16 carries for 70 yards (4.5 ypc) in their losses. He ran away with the NFL rushing title. They lost twice in OT and 3 other times by 1 score. They were hot and in the driver's seat with 2 games left. He played poorly and the Colts played worse in those last 2 games affected largely by players out with COVID and recovering. That's where he sealed his fate fair or not with Irsay and the fans.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    He sealed his fate with that bad game against Jacksonville at the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    What is his contract situation? He at the end of the deal Philly gave him yet? Might he hit open market this year?
    two more years after this one on that contract. But I think that he can be cut now with no cap hit or something?
    College of Business Alumnus

He sealed his fate with that bad game against Jacksonville at the end of the year.
    Yep that game was inexcusable. Still had a better year than a couple folks who played in the Pro Bowl. But Irsay needed a scapegoat and he found one

Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    A lion is a king because he takes care of his business alone , unlike you gutter rats who always run around in groups .
    Jesus someone get this guy a nature documentary
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.