Page 288 of 422 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298338388 ... LastLast
Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 4218

Thread: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    While I agree with you guys I don't think he is intentionally doing it. I almost wonder if it is one of those things where for some players the game really slows down mentally and for others it just doesn't. The best ones the game mentally slows down to where they see everything before it happens and the average guys just never get there at least to an elite level and just rely on their athleticism which gets less as they move up levels and also as they age. I want Wentz to be a top ten for sure, but as mentioned earlier for him this year its a chicken and egg thing. Does he need a good line to be good or does he make the oline look better and its probably both.
    I would agree. CAS said it too and I agree with him. It has always looked like things were moving really fast for him. He's looked a lot better the last couple of seasons, hopefully it continues slowing down for him. The Eagles sure had the offense's number on sunday but the first two games of the season he was a top 5 qb. I guess we'll see which one is how the season is going to turn out.

It is frustrating, he always seems like he's about to turn the corner to elite/near-elite level and then he takes a few steps back and ends up being closer to average.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

ITT: guys who ran an 18 second 40 telling an elite athlete how to do his job better
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Wentz needs a good OL & 1 GOOD WR & 1 GOOD TE.

NDSU & philly 2017. (OL, ertz & desean or torrey)
    period.
    .right now he has 0 OL 1 WR & 0 TES
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I would agree. CAS said it too and I agree with him. It has always looked like things were moving really fast for him. He's looked a lot better the last couple of seasons, hopefully it continues slowing down for him. The Eagles sure had the offense's number on sunday but the first two games of the season he was a top 5 qb. I guess we'll see which one is how the season is going to turn out.

It is frustrating, he always seems like he's about to turn the corner to elite/near-elite level and then he takes a few steps back and ends up being closer to average.
    Do you think it's moving too fast for him, or do you think he's overthinking and is being crippled by that?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Wentz needs a good OL & 1 GOOD WR & 1 GOOD TE.

NDSU & philly 2017. (OL, ertz & desean or torrey)
    period.
    .right now he has 0 OL 1 WR & 0 TES
    https://www.hogshaven.com/2022/9/26/...i1enxFdQSQ8uw4

Now in his 7th year in the league, it’s fair to wonder if Carson Wentz can change his bad habits and get his tendency to hold onto the ball too long under control. If this team wants to have any shot at success this season, it’s going to be imperative that Scott Turner and Ken Zampese do whatever they can to make sure that he does. Meanwhile performances like this are likely to begin earning the ire of his offensive line, if he’s not careful.

He needs a TE like Zach Ertz. Quick short passes, slants , intermediate throws.
    Last edited by 123Gobison; 09-28-2022 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    Do you think it's moving too fast for him, or do you think he's overthinking and is being crippled by that?
    Neither. I think it's moving fast for him. Not "too fast". Not so fast that he's not a top half/mid-tier quarterback. Look at his statistics.

"being crippled" lol. I know it's bisonville and everything is a hyperbole but holy you'd think this was ryan leaf we were talking about the way some of y'all phrase things.

He's far from perfect and he's not elite. Honestly I don't expect him to be. I always thought he'd be a mid-tier QB at best given his ability, grooming and experience. He's there now and apparently it's worth $30M to NFL teams.
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Neither. I think it's moving fast for him. Not "too fast". Not so fast that he's not a top half/mid-tier quarterback. Look at his statistics.

"being crippled" lol. I know it's bisonville and everything is a hyperbole but holy you'd think this was ryan leaf we were talking about the way some of y'all phrase things.

He's far from perfect and he's not elite. Honestly I don't expect him to be. I always thought he'd be a mid-tier QB at best given his ability, grooming and experience. He's there now and apparently it's worth $30M to NFL teams.
    Just a metaphor, bro…..

The biggest problem for Carson is 2017 was his most successful season and for most of that season he made huge plays playing "hero ball". Ever since the knee injury he has been much more of a pocket passer but when the media and fans talk about what they expect from a great Wentz it is how he played in 2017. When he makes the "hero ball" plays or when he fails trying to make the "hero ball" plays the media then complains that he is always playing "hero ball". If his most successful season hadn't been predicated on "hero ball" it would probably be easier to work with him to do that less often.

Patrick Mahomes has had similar issues where he plays "hero ball" when he doesn't need to. His most successful seasons also involved "hero ball" and he reverts to that when criticized.

Carson is one of, if not, the smartest QB's in the NFL. I don't believe he has issues reading his progressions. I think his issue is sometimes he waits too long for a bigger play in his progressions as opposed to moving on to the next read which would make the play successful. I think against Philly he might have tried to make the big play to show them and it backfired. I also think Philly hit them in the mouth from the opening gun and the entire offense did not respond. Washington wasn't ready for the aggression that Philly played with. Washington was flat footed and got taken to the woodshed because of it.

The creativity in the offense for the Jaguars game was excellent. They had quick passes to Samuel and Gibson. Sweeps by Samuel. They haven't been very creative to start games and it has burned them. They need to establish a rhythm on offense early against Dallas and expand the playbook as the successes keep building.
    Hail The Bison! The March Is Still On!

1st 2 games he put up 300 yards or so. he'll bounce back this week
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    1st 2 games he put up 300 yards or so. he'll bounce back this week
    That can't be possible he holds onto the ball too long
    *one day later*