Page 343 of 422 FirstFirst ... 243293333341342343344345353393 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,430 of 4218

Thread: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Wolfie is not all wrong but he is a repetitive troll and a major tool!
    Two years ago today Wentz was still on the Eagles. Bisonville was filled with joy when the Colts traded for him many predicting he would lead Indy to a Super Bowl within a few years and laughed at the prospect of Jalen Hurts being a capable NFL quarterback and that the Eagles dumpster fire would only be getting worse.
    Funny how quickly things change in the NFL!

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Wolfie is not all wrong but he is a repetitive troll and a major tool!
    Two years ago today Wentz was still on the Eagles. Bisonville was filled with joy when the Colts traded for him many predicting he would lead Indy to a Super Bowl within a few years and laughed at the prospect of Jalen Hurts being a capable NFL quarterback and that the Eagles dumpster fire would only be getting worse.
    Funny how quickly things change in the NFL!
    Its been quite the fall. Wentz goes from a Obama asking talking about the Wentz wagon to his Pro Bowl year 2 to his 3rd year where he was winning games by himself with literal practice squad receivers. 4th year he started to decline. 5th yeae he was flat out bad.

Goes to the Colts where he looked really good most of the year and then he stunk it up when it mattered

Then Washington

The media is harsher on a genuinely good guy than anyone I've ever seen. Its crazy

Not sure if its mental, physical or both. Dudes had so many injuries I think he might be unable to do what he used to and he is making bad decisions

Best case he is a veteran backup. It might be good for him since he obviously can't seem to handle the pressure of being a starter

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I still think something happened when he got that concussion in the playoff game. He was never the same after that and he's getting worse. He was flat out awful yesterday, couldn't complete a simple swing pass. Guessing he will retire before he settles on becoming a back up.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I still think something happened when he got that concussion in the playoff game. He was never the same after that and he's getting worse. He was flat out awful yesterday, couldn't complete a simple swing pass. Guessing he will retire before he settles on becoming a back up.
    I agree 100%. His pocket presence and reads have been complete shit since that playoff hit.

I think the NFL figured him out, and he hasn't been able to adapt his game. I saw an article today that said he has a relatively slow throwing motion that allows D-backs a little bit more reaction time. Not sure if true, but it would make a difference.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    I think the NFL figured him out, and he hasn't been able to adapt his game. I saw an article today that said he has a relatively slow throwing motion that allows D-backs a little bit more reaction time. Not sure if true, but it would make a difference.
    I disagree that they "figured him out" or that his throwing motion is too slow. It's more him not throwing with anticipation or accuracy. That first int yesterday was him staring down the WR, throwing late and leaving it inside. That ball has to be thrown before Mclaurin breaks and towards the sideline. The second int was a bad decision forcing it into double coverage and just a poor throw as well. The third int was an even worse decision especially on first down. None of those had much to do with defenses figuring him out or his throwing motion. He just isn't making good decisions and his accuracy is horrible. He completely wiffed on several easy swing passes almost like he lossed the grip on the ball at times.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Its been quite the fall. Wentz goes from a Obama asking talking about the Wentz wagon to his Pro Bowl year 2 to his 3rd year where he was winning games by himself with literal practice squad receivers. 4th year he started to decline. 5th yeae he was flat out bad.

Goes to the Colts where he looked really good most of the year and then he stunk it up when it mattered

Then Washington

The media is harsher on a genuinely good guy than anyone I've ever seen. Its crazy

Not sure if its mental, physical or both. Dudes had so many injuries I think he might be unable to do what he used to and he is making bad decisions

Best case he is a veteran backup. It might be good for him since he obviously can't seem to handle the pressure of being a starter
    These are all my feelings as well. It is a bummer as a fan of his buts it’s reality. He had some really good years. I guess I get irritated with national media nd people on this board that say he only had on good year which is so far from the facts as Wolfie says and as he had two good years with eagles teams that had poor wr and no oline play after his appointment injury. It’s not exactly coincidence that the eagles improved drastically by getting two top end wrs. They tried when Cw was there but they drafted horribly. As others have said he has not quite seemed the same since the concussion.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

I disagree that they "figured him out" or that his throwing motion is too slow. It's more him not throwing with anticipation or accuracy. That first int yesterday was him staring down the WR, throwing late and leaving it inside. That ball has to be thrown before Mclaurin breaks and towards the sideline. The second int was a bad decision forcing it into double coverage and just a poor throw as well. The third int was an even worse decision especially on first down. None of those had much to do with defenses figuring him out or his throwing motion. He just isn't making good decisions and his accuracy is horrible. He completely wiffed on several easy swing passes almost like he lossed the grip on the ball at times.
    For what it is worth, here is a link talking about the throwing motion...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...nicke-to-wentz
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

I know not about Wentz, but they're administering CPR to Demar Hamlin on MNF in one of the most frightening scenes I've ever seen. If you pray, please throw some his way

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    I know not about Wentz, but they're administering CPR to Demar Hamlin on MNF in one of the most frightening scenes I've ever seen. If you pray, please throw some his way
    Ditto on that! Damn near in bawling zone right now!
    Last edited by JCEE1990; 01-03-2023 at 02:10 AM.