Page 26 of 422 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Roseman always said the key to winning a super bowl is to have a starting QB on a rookie contract. Always kept that in the back of my mind to remember when it was time to pay Carson. I think he tried screwing Carson over a year earlier and it backfired when they made the playoffs last year. Then they drafted Hurts as a guy to start the QB controversy when things went downhill and he’ll be their QB for a couple more years as they rebuild.

There is no way on God’s green earth that the Philly front office was trying to support Carson with their moves the last two years. Greg Ward wouldn’t cut it on half the league’s practice squads.
    I'd disagree somewhat. I'm a big Howie critic, but I don't think 18-19 was intentional to screw Wentz. Howie tried to keep as much of the team in tact as possible. In turn though they got old (often injured) and had no money to add young players outside of guys like Ward and Fulgam which had already been picked over by the league. I wholeheartedly disagree with the "window" philosophy of pushing contracts/money down the road to win now. And it rarely works out and you screw over your abilities in the future. Although they did win a superbowl. And Howie isn't the only GM to employ this strategy.

Picking Hurts in the second round though I do agree with you. That in no way, shape, or form benefited Wentz, and there's lots of players he could have added in that spot to help Wentz. At a minimum add a defensive player. Instead he created a QB controversy. In that he fucked up the Wentz/Philly relationship.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD
    Hail the Bison!

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Jalen hurts isn't playing by week 4 next year. Eagles are drafting a QB.

Thankfully the Wentz experiment will probably steer them clear of Lance.
    I agree with Kev. If Howie thinks Hurts is their guy he's somehow stupider than he's proven himself already. They'll draft some poor QB other than Lance and ruin him too.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    I think the Eagles are incredibly dumb to have given up on Wentz in favor of Hurts. But you either have 1 quarterback or you have none. Hurts needs to be given next year imo. Drafting another QB would be a mistake and another QB controversy. And they are at best getting the QB3 in the draft.

Go all in on Hurts. If he balls out you got your guy. If not youre drafting high and you blow the whole thing up again. JMO.
    Agree with this.
    iirc Philly picks at #6, so imo they are making a mistake if they don’t at least entertain offers for #6. The top 4 QB’s in the draft can easily all be picked before the Vikings at #14, so any QB hungry team might pay up to make sure they get one. There are plenty of other OL and WR’s they can pick after #6 (help for Hurts).

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Best part of this move for me is CBS can show more of the Colts games and I don't have to get annoyed with the Vikings near as often as I did over the past few years being the home team.

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Howie thought Hurts would light a fire in Wentz through competing for QB1. An ill conceived notion that backfired epiclly.
    Wentz has moved on to greener pastures and Hurts gets tossed into the dumpster.

The Eagles are garbage and its hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Jalen hurts isn't playing by week 4 next year. Eagles are drafting a QB.

Thankfully the Wentz experiment will probably steer them clear of Lance.
    Agree. The eagles are drafting a qb. Rumor has it the dolphins are willing to trade the #3 pick and the eagles now have two #2s to move up 3 spots. Wilson or Fields would be there for them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    Agree. The eagles are drafting a qb. Rumor has it the dolphins are willing to trade the #3 pick and the eagles now have two #2s to move up 3 spots. Wilson or Fields would be there for them.

They have 2 3s. Not 2 2s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD
    Hail the Bison!

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I hear there’ll be a pretty good LT available around that pick...
    I saw an article mentioning Haeg going back to the Colts in free agency. I'm not saying, I'm just saying.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    They have 2 3s. Not 2 2s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes. 3 3s this year and 2 2s next year that could turn into another 1.

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    I saw an article mentioning Haeg going back to the Colts in free agency. I'm not saying, I'm just saying.
    I read somewhere Haeg might be one of their top FA targets. Might be the same article you saw.