Page 286 of 421 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288296336386 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 4204

Thread: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Lol "get the ball out faster" I love it when people say that. "just throw it to WRs that are open" "just don't throw any interceptions"

Like just by looking at a qb in the pocket on TV you're able to tell if WR are open downfield...

Next week will be "don't rush into throws"
    “Any time there’s a number like that, that is not the O-line,” Wentz said, per Ethan Cadeaux of NBC Sports Washington. “I got to get rid of the ball in a lot of those situations and find a way to just find a check down and move on and different things like that. So hats off to their D-line, their front. It’s a good front, but I got to be better and help our guys out.”

I don't know. Seems even Carson thinks he needs to get the ball out faster.

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Lol "get the ball out faster" I love it when people say that. "just throw it to WRs that are open" "just don't throw any interceptions"

Like just by looking at a qb in the pocket on TV you're able to tell if WR are open downfield...

Don't forget he's been accused of "runs too much and gets hurt" as well.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    “Any time there’s a number like that, that is not the O-line,” Wentz said, per Ethan Cadeaux of NBC Sports Washington. “I got to get rid of the ball in a lot of those situations and find a way to just find a check down and move on and different things like that. So hats off to their D-line, their front. It’s a good front, but I got to be better and help our guys out.”

I don't know. Seems even Carson thinks he needs to get the ball out faster.
    lol yeah he should've just publicly blamed the oline and WRs

look they all could've played better, i just find it funny when a bunch of people online start giving out QB advice as if they've played a snap of competitive football in 40 years

"he needs to get the ball out faster" and "he needs to take less risks and just take the sack" it's just like a pendulum around here

he's had 2 great games and one bad one. he's a mid-tier qb by almost every objective statistic. and that's okay
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Getting the ball out in a hurry is a trait of the best QBs because it means they're reading the defense quicker and have better command of their options. Check out the "PKT TIME" column at https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/advanced-stats-qb.php. That's the amount of time from the snap until the ball is released or pressure gets to the QB. Wentz (at 2.7 seconds) is 3rd worst this year among QBs with more than a few attempts and the two worse than him are much younger guys (Fields and Lance). On average Rodgers is 0.2 seconds quicker, Mahomes is 0.3 quicker, Brady is 0.5 quicker, and Allen is 0.6 quicker.

Part of that could be attributed to coaching and play calling but Wentz absolutely needs to have better command of the field to know where he can get the ball out quicker when he needs to. There's a reason why statues like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady weren't sacked that much in relation to much more mobile QBs.

I love CW, and fanboy for him as much as anyone...but my gosh, could he have had a worse return to Philly??!!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Getting the ball out in a hurry is a trait of the best QBs because it means they're reading the defense quicker and have better command of their options. Check out the "PKT TIME" column at https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/advanced-stats-qb.php. That's the amount of time from the snap until the ball is released or pressure gets to the QB. Wentz (at 2.7 seconds) is 3rd worst this year among QBs with more than a few attempts and the two worse than him are much younger guys (Fields and Lance). On average Rodgers is 0.2 seconds quicker, Mahomes is 0.3 quicker, Brady is 0.5 quicker, and Allen is 0.6 quicker.

Part of that could be attributed to coaching and play calling but Wentz absolutely needs to have better command of the field to know where he can get the ball out quicker when he needs to. There's a reason why statues like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady weren't sacked that much in relation to much more mobile QBs.
    I understand the point being made. Also understand that if the receiver isn't open he can't throw it. He tried that his last season in Philly, we all saw how that worked out for him. Just pulling one stat out of the air doesn't really give you the full picture. Maybe he's blitzed less than those guys, maybe those guys have more cushions on their receivers because they're afraid of getting burned by them?

It's similar to when people trot out the "every time this team rushes for X yards (or even better, X carries), they win the game!" well duh, running the ball more is indicative of having a lead late in the game. Same with WRs being open on routes earlier

Also FWIW, Carson has a better QB rating than Rodgers and Brady this year. But you're telling me that the difference between Wentz being Wentz vs. Wentz being Mahomes is releasing the ball 0.3 seconds faster? lol Mahomes would've gotten sacked 9 times on sunday if he held the ball for 0.3 seconds longer?
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    I love CW, and fanboy for him as much as anyone...but my gosh, could he have had a worse return to Philly??!!
    lol the worst part is it was at home

he's going to get a hell of a warm welcome in philly haha
    *one day later*

I understand the point being made. Also understand that if the receiver isn't open he can't throw it. He tried that his last season in Philly, we all saw how that worked out for him. Just pulling one stat out of the air doesn't really give you the full picture. Maybe he's blitzed less than those guys, maybe those guys have more cushions on their receivers because they're afraid of getting burned by them?

It's similar to when people trot out the "every time this team rushes for X yards (or even better, X carries), they win the game!" well duh, running the ball more is indicative of having a lead late in the game. Same with WRs being open on routes earlier

Also FWIW, Carson has a better QB rating than Rodgers and Brady this year. But you're telling me that the difference between Wentz being Wentz vs. Wentz being Mahomes is releasing the ball 0.3 seconds faster? lol Mahomes would've gotten sacked 9 times on sunday if he held the ball for 0.3 seconds longer?
    I'm saying Wentz's biggest weakness is he holds the ball for too long and the numbers aren't showing him making much improvement in that area so far this year. An incomplete pass is always better than a sack taken.

lol yeah he should've just publicly blamed the oline and WRs

look they all could've played better, i just find it funny when a bunch of people online start giving out QB advice as if they've played a snap of competitive football in 40 years

"he needs to get the ball out faster" and "he needs to take less risks and just take the sack" it's just like a pendulum around here

he's had 2 great games and one bad one. he's a mid-tier qb by almost every objective statistic. and that's okay
    Wentz constantly plays under his own, self-induced pressure. He just can’t get out of his own way. Short passes for decent gains are available in the NFL almost every play, but he is always pressing, way to intense and way too hyper-focused. He just can’t relax and just play and take what is in front of him and play to the game/D that is there.

I mean, look how simple Brady (and Rodgers) make it look. Wentz just doesn’t get “it”. Wish he would:

https://youtu.be/gZJtQ3p3dMc
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Wentz constantly plays under his own, self-induced pressure. He just can’t get out of his own way. Short passes for decent gains are available in the NFL almost every play, but he is always pressing, way to intense and way too hyper-focused. He just can’t relax and just play and take what is in front of him and play to the game/D that is there.

I mean, look how simple Brady (and Rodgers) make it look. Wentz just doesn’t get “it”. Wish he would:

https://youtu.be/gZJtQ3p3dMc
    I mean yeah I wish Wentz was Brady or Rodgers or Manning. Look at who we're comparing him to here. He's not perfect, but he's still a pretty good QB and on his best day he can beat anyone.
    *one day later*