Page 285 of 422 FirstFirst ... 185235275283284285286287295335385 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,850 of 4218

Thread: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

The play calling was highly suspect. The center was throwing badly to Wentz all day (I don't even think he plays that position). Washington has a bottom 5 O line this season. There was no adjustment till the half. These 7 step drops sucked, should have gone to a shotgun. The Commanders are a stretch out the field offense, they need long-developing plays to get chunk yardage. Brian Robinson who was shot doesn't really have a backup, McKissic and Gibson are hybrids. I could probably write a whole page on what they were doing wrong. Though Carson isn't blameless but he took quite a beating so it's easy to be inaccurate. And the receivers dropped quite a few passes.

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    Honestly watching the QB sacks on Wentz yesterday, I don't know why he's not throwing the ball sooner. He looks like a rookie second guessing himself rather than a veteran who can get rid of the ball. He will be a backup QB shortly.
    It would've been an overreaction to say that after his first two games he was a top 5 quarterback (which is where his statistics were). It's also an overreaction to say that he's going to be a backup soon after one poor game.

It still appears he's a top 15 QB in the league. Has been since he started. I'd have a hard time being convinced otherwise right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    Honestly watching the QB sacks on Wentz yesterday, I don't know why he's not throwing the ball sooner. He looks like a rookie second guessing himself rather than a veteran who can get rid of the ball. He will be a backup QB shortly.
    When Carson called running plays the OLine held up okay, when he called passing plays they were just a sieve. The OC should design more quick short passes for Carson. I think Eagles knew this was Carson's problem. They knew he Carson held on to the ball too long to make big plays so I think on purpose the Eagles DBs stayed back and let Brandon Graham, Fletcher Cox and Sweat man handle the OLine.

Lol "get the ball out faster" I love it when people say that. "just throw it to WRs that are open" "just don't throw any interceptions"

Like just by looking at a qb in the pocket on TV you're able to tell if WR are open downfield...

Next week will be "don't rush into throws"
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

I tossed my green colored glasses a while back. These seem to be the same issues that have plagued Carson his entire career so either coaches aren't smart enough to make adjustments for his success or it's on him.

Maybe a combination of both, but we've heard all the excuses before. I just wish he could prove his haters wrong on a consistent basis.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    I tossed my green colored glasses a while back. These seem to be the same issues that have plagued Carson his entire career so either coaches aren't smart enough to make adjustments for his success or it's on him.

Maybe a combination of both, but we've heard all the excuses before. I just wish he could prove his haters wrong on a consistent basis.
    Agreed. We will see what the rest of the season holds and I hope he plays like a top 10 QB the rest of the way but if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck ...

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Agreed. We will see what the rest of the season holds and I hope he plays like a top 10 QB the rest of the way but if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck ...
    Unfortunately for Wentz he tends to hold the ball a little longer and as a result relies on a good line. He currently does not have a good line at all so this may not go well. He struggled in Philly when they had a bad oline and he struggled last year cause the Colts have a good run blocking line but it sure seems like a terrible pass blocking line as that poor blocking has continued this year without Wentz. I was really hoping the Commanders would thump the Eagles, but unfortunately that did not happen.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    Unfortunately for Wentz he tends to hold the ball a little longer and as a result relies on a good line. He currently does not have a good line at all so this may not go well. He struggled in Philly when they had a bad oline and he struggled last year cause the Colts have a good run blocking line but it sure seems like a terrible pass blocking line as that poor blocking has continued this year without Wentz. I was really hoping the Commanders would thump the Eagles, but unfortunately that did not happen.
    Somehow the the Washington running back Gibson I think his name is, was able to run for almost 4-5 yards everyplay. The Eagles back 4 were outstanding this just aggravated Carson's hero ball problems. He needs a false TE like Zach Ertz.

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    Article in The Washington Post today emphasized needing to get rid of the ball quicker, and Carson said the same thing...be interesting to see if he can do it....
    Yeah he's been saying that every year but he never improves at it. Is who he is at this point I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Lol "get the ball out faster" I love it when people say that. "just throw it to WRs that are open" "just don't throw any interceptions"

Like just by looking at a qb in the pocket on TV you're able to tell if WR are open downfield...

Next week will be "don't rush into throws"
    QB's have to have an internal clock in there head and that needs to speed up when your oline sucks. Doesn't mean you have to force it into somebody but you can throw it over or passed somebody that's covered and not take a sack and lose yardage. A throw away is sometimes OK.