Page 192 of 422 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242292 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 4218

Thread: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    I think the criticism on Wentz is overblown. He didn't play great and he didn't play horrible. He is just like Cousins. Even this year Cousins was taking some blame when for the most part he had a great year.

I looked up Wentz's fumble stats thinking they would be quite bad, but he had 8 fumbles according to the NFL site I looked at and after the top four QBs all of them had between 7-13. Murray had 13 and he doesn't take any blame for practically anything.

Now they are comparing Murray's bad play yesterday to Wentz. In my opinion it is a massive difference. If Wentz takes a sack there which was going to happen they don't get the ball back as it would have been safety. In some ways it was like the defense intentionally letting an offense score to get the ball back. Now I am not saying Wentz intentionally did it but the gamble was fine as they still had a chance to tie. No one discusses that at all they just completely bash him.
    QBs always get too much credit when a team is successful and too much blame when a team loses. Nature of the best.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    QBs always get too much credit when a team is successful and too much blame when a team loses. Nature of the best.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I just checked and Wentz this year had a 94.6 QB rating and threw 27 TDs compared to 7 ints. It's pretty amazing how much the game has changed -- that those numbers are now essentially mediocre. Imagine Elway or Aikman having stats like that in a season.

Edit: Elway's highest-ever TD total in a season was 27. He never had a season with single digit interceptions. Aikman threw more than 20 TDs once in his career - I realize it's because he simply didn't need to, but it's still interesting. This all makes me want to watch football from the 80s and 90s instead of today.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    I think the criticism on Wentz is overblown. He didn't play great and he didn't play horrible. He is just like Cousins. Even this year Cousins was taking some blame when for the most part he had a great year.

I looked up Wentz's fumble stats thinking they would be quite bad, but he had 8 fumbles according to the NFL site I looked at and after the top four QBs all of them had between 7-13. Murray had 13 and he doesn't take any blame for practically anything.

Now they are comparing Murray's bad play yesterday to Wentz. In my opinion it is a massive difference. If Wentz takes a sack there which was going to happen they don't get the ball back as it would have been safety. In some ways it was like the defense intentionally letting an offense score to get the ball back. Now I am not saying Wentz intentionally did it but the gamble was fine as they still had a chance to tie. No one discusses that at all they just completely bash him.
    People criticizing Wentz have an agenda. Oftentimes you’ll see them going after Cousins and Rodgers too.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Well we'll find out if Goodell wants Cincinnati to win today. He's at the game

Lardsin must go!

Wentz > tannehill
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Wentz > tannehill
    Crazy how Tannehill went 12-5 in the same division, played the same teams as the Colts, got a first round bye without his stud RB for 8 games, had a better QBR, threw for more yards, had more YPG passing, got sacked more than Wentz, and Carson didn't even make the playoffs.
    Oh well. Guess Ryan is lucky. Maybe he is Irish?
    Last edited by Wolfie; 01-23-2022 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Crazy how Tannehill went 12-5 in the same division, played the same teams as the Colts, got a first round bye without his stud RB for 8 games, had a better QBR, threw for more yards, had more YPG passing, got sacked more than Wentz, and Carson didn't even make the playoffs.
    He had a better oLine, duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Nice, next do TD, INT and QB rating
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Nice, next do TD, INT and QB rating
    I did do the QBR. Tannehill was better. I guess since there are like 15 different QB rating calculations, you could of course find one that puts Wentz ahead if you want.

I can add completion percentage too if you'd like. Tannehill was better there. He also had a better PFF if you like stats such as those.
    Also, Tannehill won both matchups against Wentz this season.

Both played the same exact teams. Tahnnehill was missing the best RB in the NFL for half the year as well.

Those 6 extra TD's Wentz threw didn't help much did they? But, if it makes you feel better, yes, he threw 6 more TD's and 7 less ints.

I'm just stating facts, and I know those don't mean much when people don't want them to.
    Based off their overall stats, team record and head to head results, I'd have a hard time saying Wentz>Tannehill this season.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Wentz had a 94.6 QB rating and Tannehill had a 89.5