Page 420 of 422 FirstFirst ... 320370410418419420421422 LastLast
Results 4,191 to 4,200 of 4218

Thread: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by KC_Hats View Post
    Why all the hate for Carson being a Christian? Everybody thought it was cool this season when CJ Stroud talked about being a Christian every time he was interviewed.
    as with most beliefs its all in the time and place and frequency one talks about them.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Why all the hate for Carson being a Christian? Everybody thought it was cool this season when CJ Stroud talked about being a Christian every time he was interviewed.
    not everyone likes having beliefs thrown at them all the time.

i for one am one, just FYI and if I was on a team where someone kept preaching at me I would be pissed also.
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Fuck Carson when Jimmy g takes your job theirs a fucking problem eh. Ugh. Sad. Shut your mouth and play ball.

Lardsin must go!

Really? Everybody? I think not. In fact you can put me in the "not cool" camp. I don't care what your religion is or even whether you have one. Just shut up and keep it to yourself.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    not everyone likes having beliefs thrown at them all the time.

i for one am one, just FYI and if I was on a team where someone kept preaching at me I would be pissed also.
    Who said he preaches at his teammates?
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

NI4NI is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Really? Everybody? I think not. In fact you can put me in the "not cool" camp. I don't care what your religion is or even whether you have one. Just shut up and keep it to yourself.
    That's not how it works. I am not well versed in other religions, but Christians are supposed to spread the Word.

Mark 16:15 King James Version (KJV)
    And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    That's not how it works. I am not well versed in other religions, but Christians are supposed to spread the Word.

Mark 16:15 King James Version (KJV)
    And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
    Well if we’re picking out individual verses to take literally and context free then what’s he doing playing football? Liviticus 11 “and their carcass you shall not touch, it is unclean to you.”
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Well if we’re picking out individual verses to take literally and context free then what’s he doing playing football? Liviticus 11 “and their carcass you shall not touch, it is unclean to you.”
    You witness to an individual, expressing your faith in our Lord Jesus Christ; then let the Holy Spirit do the rest. In regards to the Liviticus verse you quoted; It references animals that chew the cud and have divided hooves. Animals that don't chew the cud and have the hoof requirement are pigs, camels, rabbits, and snakes, et al. Are you comparing CW's expressing his faith to animals that God ruled unclean to the Israelites?

Wow, all these folks who have been in the Eagles, Colts, and Commanders locker rooms...seeing other playars preached at by CW about Jesus on a daily basis...fascinating.

Christian athletes have to listen to other players constantly yapping about their sexual conquests, drunken exploits, drug-taking experiences...but that's okay cuz that's football! And Man Stuff! Christians get made fun of frequently in locker rooms for being goody two-shoes...but there's no condemnation of that. Yet when a Christian athlete isn't ashamed to say they love Jesus, and want others to love Him too...then he's the jerk. So strange to me.

No threads can derail quite like Wentz threads can...