Page 287 of 422 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297337387 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 4218

Thread: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I mean yeah I wish Wentz was Brady or Rodgers or Manning. Look at who we're comparing him to here. He's not perfect, but he's still a pretty good QB and on his best day he can beat anyone.
    I wasn’t comparing him, moreso contrasting him. Until and if (big if) he understands and gets a feel for the NFL game and gets away from being way overly hyped-up, we’ll have the same discussion and posts right here. He just neither gets “it” nor has “it” to be elite. Is what it is. Maybe his coaches or handlers can talk him down a bit, or maybe they have tried and failed. I don’t know, but I know what I see. And, don’t misinterpret my posts. I would like nothing better for him but to succeed and play consistent. He tries to do too much. Nothing has changed for him. See MT Griz game for reference. Same old same old.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'm saying Wentz's biggest weakness is he holds the ball for too long and the numbers aren't showing him making much improvement in that area so far this year. An incomplete pass is always better than a sack taken.
    Did you watch the game? I only saw the first half, but on several of the sacks, he wasn't even done dropping back yet and his tackles were beaten. Is he supposed to throw while he's dropping back? There was a lot of factors in that game - starting center out, they didn't seem to adjust and keep backs or TE's in to help the tackles that were getting smoked. No draws or quick passes to keep the defense honest. Last night Dallas blitzed the shit out of NY and they had some good answers to it at times. (Still lost but had at least some answers).

9 sacks is a shit-ton and I'm sure some were his fault but his o-line got dominated.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I wasn’t comparing him, moreso contrasting him. Until and if (big if) he understands and gets a feel for the NFL game and gets away from being way overly hyped-up, we’ll have the same discussion and posts right here. He just neither gets “it” nor has “it” to be elite. Is what it is. Maybe his coaches or handlers can talk him down a bit, or maybe they have tried and failed. I don’t know, but I know what I see. And, don’t misinterpret my posts. I would like nothing better for him but to succeed and play consistent. He tries to do too much. Nothing has changed for him. See MT Griz game for reference. Same old same old.
    I can't imagine playing on your third team with the third OC and probably third offensive mindset in three years helps.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I watched a replay of all nine sacks and the majority were not on Wentz. I will say, his pocket presence was not the greatest that game, and he probably could have helped his oline a little bit more on a couple plays, but there were plenty of times the Eagles D got pressure on the edge and push down the middle. There isn’t really anywhere to run on those occasions. I personally would rather see Wentz rollout a few more times. He seems better on those plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    Did you watch the game? I only saw the first half, but on several of the sacks, he wasn't even done dropping back yet and his tackles were beaten. Is he supposed to throw while he's dropping back? There was a lot of factors in that game - starting center out, they didn't seem to adjust and keep backs or TE's in to help the tackles that were getting smoked. No draws or quick passes to keep the defense honest. Last night Dallas blitzed the shit out of NY and they had some good answers to it at times. (Still lost but had at least some answers).

9 sacks is a shit-ton and I'm sure some were his fault but his o-line got dominated.
    No, I didn't watch last Sundays game but I've watched him enough to know he doesn't do his o-line many favors when it comes to getting the ball out of his hands quickly. I'm sure some of those sacks were unavoidable but he has a tendency to take avoidable ones as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Yep, pretty much nails it. Somebody posted earlier that on Wentz's best day he could beat anyone. That's the problem...he is always shooting for that best game. If he focused on just playing a good game, he would be much better. Not all things are his fault, but the o-line isn't responsible for him trying to play hero ball.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Yep, pretty much nails it. Somebody posted earlier that on Wentz's best day he could beat anyone. That's the problem...he is always shooting for that best game. If he focused on just playing a good game, he would be much better. Not all things are his fault, but the o-line isn't responsible for him trying to play hero ball.
    While I agree with you guys I don't think he is intentionally doing it. I almost wonder if it is one of those things where for some players the game really slows down mentally and for others it just doesn't. The best ones the game mentally slows down to where they see everything before it happens and the average guys just never get there at least to an elite level and just rely on their athleticism which gets less as they move up levels and also as they age. I want Wentz to be a top ten for sure, but as mentioned earlier for him this year its a chicken and egg thing. Does he need a good line to be good or does he make the oline look better and its probably both.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    While I agree with you guys I don't think he is intentionally doing it. I almost wonder if it is one of those things where for some players the game really slows down mentally and for others it just doesn't. The best ones the game mentally slows down to where they see everything before it happens and the average guys just never get there at least to an elite level and just rely on their athleticism which gets less as they move up levels and also as they age. I want Wentz to be a top ten for sure, but as mentioned earlier for him this year its a chicken and egg thing. Does he need a good line to be good or does he make the oline look better and its probably both.
    And for me, I think he is intentionally doing it...he is always looking for the great play. He sees the possibility and can't stop himself. I want him to succeed...so want him to turn that corner, but I will be surprised if he does.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

He just takes too long going thru his reads. Needs to get faster and hit the check down more when the line is not great. There was a video of one of the sacks where he had the RB wide open right up the middle but he never got to him before he got sacked. Still waiting for him to adjust but I doubt he does at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    No, I didn't watch last Sundays game but I've watched him enough to know he doesn't do his o-line many favors when it comes to getting the ball out of his hands quickly. I'm sure some of those sacks were unavoidable but he has a tendency to take avoidable ones as well.
    you didn't even watch the game in which you're trying to explain why he failed?? are you lakes? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*