Page 421 of 421 FirstFirst ... 321371411419420421
Results 4,201 to 4,204 of 4204

Thread: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Preach to your team mates about religion and then go and tell the oc of an nfl team how to do his job and see which one gets you cut first eh.

Lardsin must go!

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    You witness to an individual, expressing your faith in our Lord Jesus Christ; then let the Holy Spirit do the rest. In regards to the Liviticus verse you quoted; It references animals that chew the cud and have divided hooves. Animals that don't chew the cud and have the hoof requirement are pigs, camels, rabbits, and snakes, et al. Are you comparing CW's expressing his faith to animals that God ruled unclean to the Israelites?
    No, I’m saying pulling one sentence out of anywhere is nonsense.

I don’t know what the issues are around Carson and neither does just about anyone on this board. Personally, I doubt he’s being persecuted for his faith. There are a lot of religious people in locker rooms and a lot of people who aren’t.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    Wow, all these folks who have been in the Eagles, Colts, and Commanders locker rooms...seeing other playars preached at by CW about Jesus on a daily basis...fascinating.

Christian athletes have to listen to other players constantly yapping about their sexual conquests, drunken exploits, drug-taking experiences...but that's okay cuz that's football! And Man Stuff! Christians get made fun of frequently in locker rooms for being goody two-shoes...but there's no condemnation of that. Yet when a Christian athlete isn't ashamed to say they love Jesus, and want others to love Him too...then he's the jerk. So strange to me.
    I have no clue what CW does in locker rooms and since nobody has ever leveled a charge of any kind then I don't care either. And your point about "locker room talk" is surely valid. However, out in front of the camera and with the microphone stuffed in their faces, we never hear much about sexual exploits or other risqué topics. Neither should we hear any proselytizing regarding a religion. Just IMHO. I'm sure some here that defend it would find it offensive or at least annoying if a muslim player got down on his knees, facing east, and started chanting to Allah or whatever they do.

All of my comments have nothing whatsoever to do with Carson Wentz btw other than to be in his thread. I have no idea how he relates to his teammates. I'm sure I never will. To the best of my knowledge he is a great person to be associated with. I am very much in the dark regarding his seeming fall from grace in the NFL. I don't get it.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    No threads can derail quite like Wentz threads can...
    Have you seen the other threads on here? Lol it aint just Wentz threads this place is a figure 8 for thread derailments