Page 4 of 422 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Remember how 18 months ago, Rodgers was considered a headcase, and there was no chance he would get along with LaFleur? That his career was over, and Jordan Love is the new future of Green Bay football? Yeah this Sunday he'll be playing in his second consecutive NFC title game.

The media is full of shit. Always has been full of shit. Always will be full of shit. Until I see people willing to put their damn names to an accusation of Wentz, it's worth exactly as much as this post you're reading.

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Remember how 18 months ago, Rodgers was considered a headcase, and there was no chance he would get along with LaFleur? That his career was over, and Jordan Love is the new future of Green Bay football? Yeah this Sunday he'll be playing in his second consecutive NFC title game.

The media is full of shit. Always has been full of shit. Always will be full of shit. Until I see people willing to put their damn names to an accusation of Wentz, it's worth exactly as much as this post you're reading.
    $0.02?

Very tangentially but loosely related I say remember how a few years back Cleveland was a raging dumpster fire and at least I personally thought Baker Mayfield would be a bust in the NFL?

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    $0.02?

Less.
    Very tangentially but loosely related I say remember how a few years back Cleveland was a raging dumpster fire and at least I personally thought Baker Mayfield would be a bust in the NFL?
    More proof that the media knows nothing. Baker's a damn good quarterback. Can you imagine what the Browns could do with Carson under center? Best O line in the league, weapons everywhere. I'd say Carson is worth 2 wins, and at least one round further in the playoffs than Baker.

And I like Baker.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Less.

More proof that the media knows nothing. Baker's a damn good quarterback. Can you imagine what the Browns could do with Carson under center? Best O line in the league, weapons everywhere. I'd say Carson is worth 2 wins, and at least one round further in the playoffs than Baker.

And I like Baker.
    You accusing me of being media? /purple/
    Don't believe everything you think.

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I was with you on Mayfield...there is a very good reason I don't do the talent search for football.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

$0.02?

I was thinking 2 Belair cigarette coupons...
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

The story about Wentz doesn't have to be 100% true. It's now a perception around the league, true or not. If even half the accounts are true, that's a problem and Wentz needs to address it and fix the problem. Playing better in spite of adversity would be a good start.*

*I misplaced my green and yellow glasses a long time ago when it comes to Carson.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! worst news ever. that means Wentz might stay.

if Carson has any integrity with his AO1 and all that, he STILL LEAVES PHILLY!! after all the vile stuff said about him, his family, his faith!
    Holy fuck dude, he's in the NFL making an insane amount of money. If he's worried about what fat losers (or short losers) are saying about him on their couch, then he probably shouldn't be in the NFL.
    He had a terrible year. I know the people round here like to make excuses for him. First the problem was Doug...well now Doug is gone. So what happens if Carson still sucks next year? Then you go back to blaming the team?

Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady played with some extreme no name losers for alot of their career, and they still won...hmmmmmmmm....interesting, wonder why?
    And yep, they made those losers look much better than they were, no doubt, so I don't want to hear about how they played with great players. That is the same argument about how Bill B. was the greatest coach ever. How'd he do without Tom? And how did Tom do without him? I'll give a hint...Tom is a Goat, Bill was lucky enough to have him.

But, I know what everyone will say about Rodgers and Brady....Offensive line was great? Was it???? Or did they both know when to get rid of the ball so as to not take as sack? Or they knew where the throw should go before the snap, so they got rid of it in time?

Carson has been affected by injuries, no doubt about it. And his game has suffered because of it.

Filthadelphia people belong in the feces sidewalks of Front Street downtown philly F em
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?