Page 35 of 422 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    He's 32. I pass. If Wentz is successful he's still relatively young for a QB. Even if he's not, then Indy needs to find a young QB. Pairing that with aging WRs doesn't make sense to me, even if it means you're a little light on the position.

Indy has a good chunk of cap room, but they've also drafted some good guys (Leonard, Nelson, B Smith). They are going to have to sign those guys to second contracts in the next year or so. They are going to need space to do that.
    Veteran guys aren't going to get paid big money this off-season so he could be fine on a 1 year deal.
    College of Business Alumnus

BisonTru is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Veteran guys aren't going to get paid big money this off-season so he could be fine on a 1 year deal.
    I'm not all that interested at the vet minimum, and Tate just made like 20 million the past two seasons in NY. If everyone low balls him, he likely just retires.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD
    Hail the Bison!

fuck Jason Peters . he was a human turnstile, he should be in jail for STEALING $$$ from the Eagles for his last 2 years.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    fuck Jason Peters . he was a human turnstile, he should be in jail for STEALING $$$ from the Eagles for his last 2 years.
    This is the hill I'll die on with you Lakes. That he dare comment on Wentz not "bringing it" is a fucking travesty.

BisonTru is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I find this mildly interesting as it shows how fucked the Eagles are...

Kelce just got a new contract. He was scheduled to get 5.5 million this year but has a cap hit north of 8 because of dead money. If the Eagles trade or release him his cap hit actually goes up, and if he retires his cap hit goes up because of all the dead money they have to account for.

So they need him to restructure his contract. Most players will change their salary to a signing bonus and then the team can move the money down further years. The team pays the player most of his money up front, and the team can be more flexible with what years they account for it on the cap. No harm, no foul for anyone really.

They didn't just do that with Kelce though. He got an extra 4.5 million guaranteed to make 9 million guaranteed and then 3 million in incentives for this year. It lowers his cap number for sure, but it also means they owe him an extra 4.5-7.5 million.

A lot of Philly fans are excited to have him back. Even saw a comment everyone wants to come back now Wentz is gone. I don't think Kelce wanted to be back with the Eagles. I think he wanted to retire or be traded and they had to pay him enough to make him change his mind. Or they'd have to eat even more cap and they don't have a center.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD
    Hail the Bison!

Looks like it has a Bison pool table:

https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-...or-1.7-million

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    Looks like it has a Bison pool table:

https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-...or-1.7-million
    A fancy home like that with what looks like Styrofoam drop tile ceilings?
    It's OK to not be OK.

GradBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    A fancy home like that with what looks like Styrofoam drop tile ceilings?
    Anyone got a link to the listing? I don't want to deal with forum or phili media bs.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Damn, that's a fine home. Or would be if it weren't in fuckin Jersey.