Page 253 of 422 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 4218

Thread: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Paywall.

Cliff notes?
    I read Mike McFeely’s recent article on Carson Wentz and felt compelled to respond, particularly, to the sentence, ”A bigger part of the Wentz story – teammates, coaches, front offices personnel, maybe even owners – just don’t like him.” Not so!

By way of background, I am a North Dakota native, as are my brothers. One brother and I are North Dakota State University grads. We are ardent NDSU football fans and began following Wentz when he was a freshman. Fast forward a few years, I followed Wentz through subscriptions to the Philadelphia Inquirer and, then, the Indianapolis Star, reading every article that featured those teams’ games and Wentz. I saw every interview Wentz gave on the respective teams’ websites. Here is what I read, saw, and heard:

Wentz never uttered a critical word about the owners, head coaches, offensive coordinators, other coaches, general managers, players, fans, or communities. Not once. If he ever blamed, he blamed himself. He also never made a derogatory comment about either the Eagles or the Colts after having been traded.

Key team leaders were publicly complimentary of Wentz being a quality teammate, “good guy,” and leader. Who? Eagles: Nick Foles; Torrey Smith; Chris Long; Jason Peters; Malcom Jenkins; Zack Ertz; Brandon Brooks; Lane Johnson; Jason Kelsey. Colts: Jonathan Taylor; DeForest Buckner, Michael Pittman; Darius Leonard.

Both Coaches Peterson (Eagles) and Reich (Colts) said Wentz was a highly respected leader in the locker room. In a March 28 article, Reich said, “I love the guy. He’s a brother to me. I’ll always love him.” In that same article, he said, “What would be unfair is to make Carson the scapegoat” (of the Colt’s failure to make the playoff).

The reviling of Wentz emanated from an author of a single newspaper article (not the Inquirer) in the Philadelphia area, based on a single anonymous source (believed to be wide receiver Alshon Jeffery) who panned Wentz. That source claimed Wentz was selfish, a poor teammate, not a nice guy. Inquirer writers, who cannot pass up an opportunity to “gut” any player, piled on. Fans joined in with “baby, selfish, cancer, Ginger Jesus, crybaby” and much worse. Nationally, articles began to appear. Ugly ones. Defaming ones, all linked to the Inquirer or the original article. More articles in Indianapolis and, now, in Washington. I believe if any of those articles, including McFeely’s, could be linked way, way back, we would find the origin of the “gutting” of Wentz as a person arose from the original Philadelphia article and one disgruntled player.

I won’t argue that Wentz has had some bad games…even some disastrous ones. Yet, it would be really dandy if some sportswriters would research to learn that in 2020, the year Wentz was benched, his starting left tackle, right guard, and right tackle missed 40 games; the Eagles had 15 different starting offensive line configurations; his two leading wide receivers missed a combined 20 of 32 games, while the two tight ends missed a combined 10 games. Think those factors might have played into Wentz’s 50 sacks? His interceptions? Fumbles?

While I’m at it, realizing that Wentz didn’t play all that well his last two games and gave up some terrible turnovers, how many points did the 2021 Colts’ defense give up in those losses: 28; 27; 25; 31; 34; 38; 23; 26. I’m not sure how you see things, but I tend to believe if your team gives up an average of three touchdowns and one field goal a game, you’re not going to win a lot of football games. (In all five Rams’ losses this year, they gave up 25 or more points! The Bengals lost seven games. Gave up 25 or more points in five of them!)

But…let’s blame it all on Wentz…one anonymous source to say he was a bad teammate and a whole lot of sportswriters, including Mike McFeely, decided he was the reason the Eagles and Colts lost football games. Bad sports writing!

I’ll continue to root for Wentz. I’m sure the Bison faithful will, too. I’ll continue to believe, as well, he is the real deal, true Christian with outstanding character, a generous heart, and a marvelous football player. I believe he learned his lessons well from the Bison coaches about interviewing: “Compliment your opponents. Compliment your teammates. Don’t brag. Don’t react to criticism. Tell them you’ll try to do better. Say, ’Thank you.’”

Roger Worner lives in Oak Grove, Minn.

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    I read Mike McFeely’s recent article on Carson Wentz and felt compelled to respond, particularly, to the sentence, ”A bigger part of the Wentz story – teammates, coaches, front offices personnel, maybe even owners – just don’t like him.” Not so!

By way of background, I am a North Dakota native, as are my brothers. One brother and I are North Dakota State University grads. We are ardent NDSU football fans and began following Wentz when he was a freshman. Fast forward a few years, I followed Wentz through subscriptions to the Philadelphia Inquirer and, then, the Indianapolis Star, reading every article that featured those teams’ games and Wentz. I saw every interview Wentz gave on the respective teams’ websites. Here is what I read, saw, and heard:

Wentz never uttered a critical word about the owners, head coaches, offensive coordinators, other coaches, general managers, players, fans, or communities. Not once. If he ever blamed, he blamed himself. He also never made a derogatory comment about either the Eagles or the Colts after having been traded.

Key team leaders were publicly complimentary of Wentz being a quality teammate, “good guy,” and leader. Who? Eagles: Nick Foles; Torrey Smith; Chris Long; Jason Peters; Malcom Jenkins; Zack Ertz; Brandon Brooks; Lane Johnson; Jason Kelsey. Colts: Jonathan Taylor; DeForest Buckner, Michael Pittman; Darius Leonard.

Both Coaches Peterson (Eagles) and Reich (Colts) said Wentz was a highly respected leader in the locker room. In a March 28 article, Reich said, “I love the guy. He’s a brother to me. I’ll always love him.” In that same article, he said, “What would be unfair is to make Carson the scapegoat” (of the Colt’s failure to make the playoff).

The reviling of Wentz emanated from an author of a single newspaper article (not the Inquirer) in the Philadelphia area, based on a single anonymous source (believed to be wide receiver Alshon Jeffery) who panned Wentz. That source claimed Wentz was selfish, a poor teammate, not a nice guy. Inquirer writers, who cannot pass up an opportunity to “gut” any player, piled on. Fans joined in with “baby, selfish, cancer, Ginger Jesus, crybaby” and much worse. Nationally, articles began to appear. Ugly ones. Defaming ones, all linked to the Inquirer or the original article. More articles in Indianapolis and, now, in Washington. I believe if any of those articles, including McFeely’s, could be linked way, way back, we would find the origin of the “gutting” of Wentz as a person arose from the original Philadelphia article and one disgruntled player.

I won’t argue that Wentz has had some bad games…even some disastrous ones. Yet, it would be really dandy if some sportswriters would research to learn that in 2020, the year Wentz was benched, his starting left tackle, right guard, and right tackle missed 40 games; the Eagles had 15 different starting offensive line configurations; his two leading wide receivers missed a combined 20 of 32 games, while the two tight ends missed a combined 10 games. Think those factors might have played into Wentz’s 50 sacks? His interceptions? Fumbles?

While I’m at it, realizing that Wentz didn’t play all that well his last two games and gave up some terrible turnovers, how many points did the 2021 Colts’ defense give up in those losses: 28; 27; 25; 31; 34; 38; 23; 26. I’m not sure how you see things, but I tend to believe if your team gives up an average of three touchdowns and one field goal a game, you’re not going to win a lot of football games. (In all five Rams’ losses this year, they gave up 25 or more points! The Bengals lost seven games. Gave up 25 or more points in five of them!)

But…let’s blame it all on Wentz…one anonymous source to say he was a bad teammate and a whole lot of sportswriters, including Mike McFeely, decided he was the reason the Eagles and Colts lost football games. Bad sports writing!

I’ll continue to root for Wentz. I’m sure the Bison faithful will, too. I’ll continue to believe, as well, he is the real deal, true Christian with outstanding character, a generous heart, and a marvelous football player. I believe he learned his lessons well from the Bison coaches about interviewing: “Compliment your opponents. Compliment your teammates. Don’t brag. Don’t react to criticism. Tell them you’ll try to do better. Say, ’Thank you.’”

Roger Worner lives in Oak Grove, Minn.
    Cliff Notes

MeFeely is a liar.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

McFeely = drama.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Cliff Notes

MeFeely is a liar.
    Additional cliff notes. The media are liars, and losers. Like I’ve said here many times, the sheer and obvious abuse of the 1st Amendment by the lamestream media (and apparently consumed vigorously by the uneducated sheeple) is a way bigger threat to the American republic than the 2nd Amendment will ever be, EVER!!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Additional cliff notes. The media are liars, and losers. Like I’ve said here many times, the sheer and obvious abuse of the 1st Amendment by the lamestream media (and apparently consumed vigorously by the uneducated sheeple) is a way bigger threat to the American republic than the 2nd Amendment will ever be, EVER!!
    so true plus mcfooly hates Wentz for his religion

LISTEN:

20 years ago , daily news meetings were "ok reporters what are you working on? what's the area buzz?"

2015+ "ok what are WE TALKING ABOUT TODAY or what direction are we going today"

Wentz saga is proof.

I posted the video of Rivera on the Wentz presser. he flat out said. "the media lied, the narrative is wrong, Washington interviewed and talked to Wentz teammates, none of the garbage about Carson in the locker room or leadership is true"
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    so true plus mcfooly hates Wentz for his religion

LISTEN:

20 years ago , daily news meetings were "ok reporters what are you working on? what's the area buzz?"

2015+ "ok what are WE TALKING ABOUT TODAY or what direction are we going today"

Wentz saga is proof.

I posted the video of Rivera on the Wentz presser. he flat out said. "the media lied, the narrative is wrong, Washington interviewed and talked to Wentz teammates, none of the garbage about Carson in the locker room or leadership is true"
    Yep, plus McFooley is a smart libtard—>meaning more smart than his libtard followers, and way, way more smart than any conservative. Just ask him … or …. God forbid, read his shit.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

we can rip on mcfooly on multiple things besides politics man.

I'm just saying we are living in a media platform world that has a narrative ready & packaged before it even hits you.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    we can rip on mcfooly on multiple things besides politics man.

I'm just saying we are living in a media platform world that has a narrative ready & packaged before it even hits you.
    Politics and media are completely intertwined anymore … on EVERY subject. Sick of it.

Plus, I’m way less concerned about being banned by Tony than you are, cuz I don’t need this platform to fulfill my life.
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

[QUOTE=pucknut9;1567062]I read Mike McFeely’s recent article on Carson Wentz and felt compelled to respond, particularly, to the sentence, ”A bigger part of the Wentz story – teammates, coaches, front offices personnel, maybe even owners – just don’t like him.” Not so!

"That is a lucid, well thought out" response. It looks like you should be writing Mcfeelys' column. I have been lurking here for years from afar but "$4c7#8*" (the moniker I know you by), you made me respond with a post for the first time since, probably 2011. I love seeing real loyalty on display. Like Rocky said way back when, "we aren't building football players, we're building young men." With all the accolades since 2011, I believe that line holds just as much or more importance in the long view as all those beautiful rings. Great post my friend! I'd really love to see you this summer as we'll be in ND for a month or two. Hail the Bison!

Quote Originally Posted by PlainsBison View Post
    McFeely = drama.
    Many posters on this message board are liars and full of drama. Tired of all the anti Wentz crap that gets posted. I know there are a bunch of anti religion freaks on this board that likely cut Carson down just because. As for Wentz's performance on the field it stlll might be better than any North Dakotan or NDSU QB ever attains in the NFL. And who knows since Carson is still out there. We don't know yet what Trey's future holds. I wish some overly critical dicks here would STFU and just take pride in what Carson Wentz has done.