Page 337 of 422 FirstFirst ... 237287327335336337338339347387 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,370 of 4218

Thread: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    In order to get the number one seed, it’s quite simple. The Vikings need to win out and the Eagles need to lose out
    Doesn’t matter much though. Vikes aren’t better than anyone. I doubt they win round one no matter who they play, and if they face Philly, 49ers or Dallas they will get humiliated

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Happy 30th birthday on the 30th Carson!

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    Happy 30th birthday on the 30th Carson!
    Cheers and many more Carson!
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I’ve seen this list across several tweets. I really hope CW leads them to victory the next 2 games and then at least 1 playoff win.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post

I’ve seen this list across several tweets. I really hope CW leads them to victory the next 2 games and then at least 1 playoff win.
    This guy's point works equally well if it said Taylor Heinicke. Cue 56's trolling meme.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Carson really doesn’t fit in this list. He has passed for over 22k yards and was once an mvp candidate. None of the rest of these fools have had really any good years. Everyone keeps spewing in the media that he only had on good year with Philly which is completely false. He was good in 17-19 as he had two years over 101 in rating and a really good third year with Over 4K and no wrs.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Chief View Post
    This guy's point works equally well if it said Taylor Heinicke. Cue 56's trolling meme.

Sorry for quoting my own post but when has the NFL not had a starting QB problem? There just aren't that many Mahomes, Rodgers, and Bradys. If you have 7 more names to add in my list of there-aren't-that-many-more-of-these-guys that's great but I think Carson slots somewhere just behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Chief View Post
    Sorry for quoting my own post but when has the NFL not had a starting QB problem? There just aren't that many Mahomes, Rodgers, and Bradys. If you have 7 more names to add in my list of there-aren't-that-many-more-of-these-guys that's great but I think Carson slots somewhere just behind them.

I think Wentz is a top 20 QB and that's pretty good. The issue he may run into going forward is several teams don't value QBs in that range that highly, and I don't blame them.

If you don't have a top 10 QB or a QB on a rookie deal, you're pretty much stuck in purgatory. QBs like Carr, Wentz, Cousins, Jimmy G, and Goff (I'd argue Watson, Tua, and Kyler are in this category too) are good enough to start and get you to the playoffs, but they need a strong team around them and don't really mask glaring weaknesses that teams have. If you're on a rookie deal, there is more money (~30 million) to build the rest of the team up. If you lock in a mid tier QB to 30+mil, that is several quality starters that are likely out the door as a result. If you draft well, you can make it work, but it's rare in today's game with freaks like Allen and Mahomes on the opposing sidelines.

I'm a lifelong Bengals fan and the 2011-now Bengals capture this really well. Andy Dalton was outstanding for a 2nd round pick making relative peanuts, because they could devote resources to the defensive side of the ball and his line. Once he got his 2nd deal (a great deal for the team IMO) they had to scale back the WR room and lost some key linemen. He was still fine and like Carson, had an outlier MVP caliber season derailed by injury (seriously, he was that good in 2015). He played well enough to keep them in contention for the playoffs most years, and things were fine. As he got older and more expensive, the roster around him got worse, partly due to being a fringe playoff team each year forcing their picks lower each year. Things finally bottomed out and we were just bad enough to luck into Joe Burrow. Burrow is going to get very expensive, but he has already shown he can make up for glaring deficiencies that Dalton couldn't. He was sacked more than any QB in NFL history last year and they were a minute away from winning the superbowl. He's evolved this year to get the ball out quicker when his line is struggling and he's gone long stretches without Higgins, Chase, Hurst, and a ground game.

Next 2 games are huge for Wentz, but even if he plays well, I'm not sure he has a big money deal waiting for him in the offseason. Best case for him is probably to play well, get Washington to the playoffs, and he comes back on his existing deal. It would essentially be year to year for him, since the guaranteed money is done, but his current salary for next year is likely more than he could get on the open market.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Big bird this is what I have always said as well that he fits in that 10-20 range. He has just been more highly criticized in my opinion than others like jimmy g. Dalton is a good example but he had a 2-1 td to int ratio whereas Wentz is almost three to one. As someone mentioned earlier some of wentz have been at some bad times and get overblown. I would at dak to that list as well. Wentz needs to go somewhere with a decent line on a cheaper deal and he will do just fine.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Man, Wentz just threw an absolutely terrible pick. Stared McLaurin down, McLaurin was blanketed, and threw it right to Denzel Ward