Page 138 of 422 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 4218

Thread: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Bought tickets to see the Titans Colts game on Sunday!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Bought tickets to see the Titans Colts game on Sunday!

awesome. Radunz vs Wentz
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...elphia-qb-jets

Eagles News: Only a matter of time before Jalen Hurts is benched for Gardner Minshew?

Bwahaha

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post

Eagles News: Only a matter of time before Jalen Hurts is benched for Gardner Minshew?

Bwahaha
    Boy some of those people are completely delusion. I am so glad he left especially after what the Vikings fans had to endure during the NFC Championship game. Terrible fans.

Wentz is playing just like he did in 2019-20 when he threw for over 4,000 yards with 27 Tds and 7 int but Philly fans completely forgot that he had one bad year. By the way he is having a great year this year and the line was pretty banged up to the start the year but are coming together now. I really think if he stays healthy his numbers will be almost exactly like 2019-20.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    This is where coaches and fans get in trouble listening to announcers for their rules knowledge. There is nothing in the rules preventing a player from advancing a muffed kick. The rule is that the kicking team can't advance a scrimmage kick (i.e. punt or FG) that has crossed the neutral zone or any free kick. The fact it has been muffed has no bearing on that. It does impact who is awarded a new series at the end of the down, but no impact on advancement of the ball as a result of the muff. If the kicking team possesses a kick it becomes dead immediately. The new series is awarded based on whether the receiving team touched the ball beyond the neutral zone on a scrimmage kick.

So the player who muffs the punt reception is free to do what he wants, including attempting to secure the ball and run with it in the back of the endzone?
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    So the player who muffs the punt reception is free to do what he wants, including attempting to secure the ball and run with it in the back of the endzone?
    Its a really dumb rule. In my opinion if the offensive player touches it outside the end zone it should be a safety if it goes into the end zone.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post

Bwahaha
    I love being able to hate the Eagles again!

After Carson throws 1 pass they are like "see."

Now they want to bench Hurts for a no name player with a mustache only Gene Roebuck could love!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Yes, anything he wants to do legally. He can't throw a forward pass. If he fumbles and the kicking team recovers in the end zone they get a TD. If he runs to the 2 and gets tackled, he no longer gets the touchback. It's no different than if he caught the ball in the end zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    Its a really dumb rule. In my opinion if the offensive player touches it outside the end zone it should be a safety if it goes into the end zone.
    If you don't understand the rule of force or impetus (not sure which word NFL uses) then I understand your confusion and frustration. But across all aspects of the game (runs, passes, interceptions, fumble recoveries, scrimmage kicks, free kicks, etc.) it's an important concept to understand when learning about this rule.

The ball is not round so it can bounce and move in strange ways. This is why the original force (pass, fumble, kick, run) applies unless a new force is applied to a ball at rest. If he muffed this at the one and it was obvious the ball was going into the end zone you likely wouldn't have noticed. This happens fairly frequently. In this case the muff happened much further away from the goal line so it doesn't seem as obvious, but from a rules perspective they are treated the same.

This rule has existed at all levels as long I'm aware and it's not uncommon for the receiving team to muff the ball either while airborne or grounded and it to go in the end zone and result in a touchback. That has never been an issue and you probably never noticed it. This only caught your attention because of the distance involved. There is no conversation or interest that I've heard to add some kind of distance factor to the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

Now they want to bench Hurts for a no name player with a mustache only Gene Roebuck could love!
    Nick Siriani is the problem.
    He tried a silly onside kick, accepted a penalty instead of accepting a punt, had to burn a timeout on the first play of a series, and failed to make an obvious challenge.

Scratch that, Howie Roseman is the biggest cancer in that organization, he needs to go for a series of debacle.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

Nobody forced you to like the Eagles just because Carson was a part of the team. It's more than reasonable to wish Carson well and be indifferent to the team he plays for. Or even wish them ill will.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk