Page 137 of 422 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 4218

Thread: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Even the crazy squirt fumble was influenced by the rain, but it is true that play probably goes bad whatever the heck he was trying to do. that was the one play I though he really screwed up on. The conditions were so poor.......
    It looked like he was trying to shovel pass it directly to the defender but on replay you could see how the guy tackling him tipped the ball out of this hand and he was trying to reach forward and knock it down. Have to admit, it made Wentz looks completely lost but it was just a really awkward strip sack.

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    It looked like he was trying to shovel pass it directly to the defender but on replay you could see how the guy tackling him tipped the ball out of this hand and he was trying to reach forward and knock it down. Have to admit, it made Wentz looks completely lost but it was just a really awkward strip sack.
    I was initially really disappointed in him with that play, then like you said, it was not nearly as bad as it looked in real time. Granted, he was still trying to do too much and he just needs to eat that one.

I was initially really disappointed in him with that play, then like you said, it was not nearly as bad as it looked in real time. Granted, he was still trying to do too much and he just needs to eat that one.
    Bingo. He's still struggling with when to press and when to just eat it. Wasn't third down, he should have just tossed that one away.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    We understand the rule. But it is a really stupid one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How do you propose they change it? I guarantee you will create unintended consequences no matter how you try to do it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Tough to change, however, unless you are also going to allow muffed punts to be advanced. You'd need to also do away with that rule.
    This is where coaches and fans get in trouble listening to announcers for their rules knowledge. There is nothing in the rules preventing a player from advancing a muffed kick. The rule is that the kicking team can't advance a scrimmage kick (i.e. punt or FG) that has crossed the neutral zone or any free kick. The fact it has been muffed has no bearing on that. It does impact who is awarded a new series at the end of the down, but no impact on advancement of the ball as a result of the muff. If the kicking team possesses a kick it becomes dead immediately. The new series is awarded based on whether the receiving team touched the ball beyond the neutral zone on a scrimmage kick.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    no Trey & Carson pic?
    no Trey OR Carson pic with NDSU fans after game?

Weak as fuck if true
    Did you ask Trey’s grandma what was up with that ?

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    oh man, pucknut can you handle this one?

ps- watching eagles fans twitter eating crow and wanting Wentz back is "Chef's Kiss" HAHAHA
    I also enjoyed the subtle jab at the Eagles, intended or not, when after the game he was asked something along the lines of how well he is playing right now and he repiled "well, look at the weapons around me.."

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Did you ask Trey’s grandma what was up with that ?
    the rain was a bitch after game, they slapped hands, then Carson got grabbed by NBC & that was it. thanks 2001alumni
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Bingo. He's still struggling with when to press and when to just eat it. Wasn't third down, he should have just tossed that one away.
    He is very much like his favorite player in Favre except for the health aspect. I grew up an massive Elway fan and he was the same way. I don't think you want to change a guy like that you just live with it. They tend to get a little better as they age. Although as a Vikings fan as well I wish Favre hadn't thrown that pass in New Orleans. Although to be honest the kicker most likely would have missed it anyway as the Vikings never finish an important game.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

QBs with the highest rating in the AFC
    1.Joe Burrow 108.9
    2.Josh Allen 103.6
    3. Carson Wentz 102.8
    4. Derek Carr 101.2
    5 Justin Herbert 98.8
    6 Lamar JaCkson 97.9
    7. Patrick Mahomes 97.9
    8. Ryan Tannehill 89.0