Page 135 of 422 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 4218

Thread: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Final QBR: Wentz 106.2 v JG 60.9.

Pretty solid, particularly in heavy rain
    Insert something clever here...

Default Re: What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Blowing out all the ligaments in your knee, removing a bone from your foot and spraining both ankles has a little to do with that. But like I said last month, it's made him a better pocket passer and a better QB. It's kind of tamed that gunslinger mentality.

But be looked pretty fast tonight on a few of his runs

Also he missed most of training camp so he was probably still learning

Well said! Really great to see things turning around for Carson, coaches, and all concerned on a lot of levels! Even the announcers sounded delighted at several times!

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Final QBR: Wentz 106.2 v JG 60.9.

Pretty solid, particularly in heavy rain
    He played great. I'm still waiting for the Wentz hating mafia to come on this thread. Where did they all go?

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    He played great. I'm still waiting for the Wentz hating mafia to come on this thread. Where did they all go?
    He pulled it together after a rough start and a batch of questionable throws. Then he pretty much played like he always does. They have a decent running game and receivers who can catch so Wentz doesn't need to press like he had to at the end there in Philly. O-Line gave him time in the pocket last night too. Really good team win for Indy and Wentz was a big part of that with some clutch throws on money downs.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    It looked like Carson was having fun other than the squirt fumble that is pretty much the ONLY video I can find on the web for this game other than a TD run he had. BTW, that kind of sucks because I am trying to do him a favor by not watching him on TV anymore and thereby jinxing him. Example: I turned on the game for one play... some sort of LOS scrimmage pick that left a receiver wide open downfield and Carson pretty much shotput the ball to him for what would have been a HUGE gain if not, you know, for the drop. I took that as a sign to follow the game via twitter where 90% of the tweets about Carson were about how much he sucks (the one thing the two loudest and dumbest fanbases, Cowboys and Eagles, agree on, apparently.)

I'm just happy Carson is out of Philadelphia. So happy. I've got nothing against the new Eagles QB, but the Eagles are averaging less than 1 TD per game in the first half this season.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    It looked like Carson was having fun other than the squirt fumble that is pretty much the ONLY video I can find on the web for this game other than a TD run he had. BTW, that kind of sucks because I am trying to do him a favor by not watching him on TV anymore and thereby jinxing him. Example: I turned on the game for one play... some sort of LOS scrimmage pick that left a receiver wide open downfield and Carson pretty much shotput the ball to him for what would have been a HUGE gain if not, you know, for the drop. I took that as a sign to follow the game via twitter where 90% of the tweets about Carson were about how much he sucks (the one thing the two loudest and dumbest fanbases, Cowboys and Eagles, agree on, apparently.)

I'm just happy Carson is out of Philadelphia. So happy. I've got nothing against the new Eagles QB, but the Eagles are averaging less than 1 TD per game in the first half this season.
    Even the crazy squirt fumble was influenced by the rain, but it is true that play probably goes bad whatever the heck he was trying to do. that was the one play I though he really screwed up on. The conditions were so poor.......

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmakesthegrassgrow View Post
    He sure doesn't have the speed he had before the injury.
    No. He still has ankle issues but getting better every week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good things happen when you have pass catchers that can catch and an OLine that can block?

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I have answered many questions from friends on why the touchback was 100% correct call. A kick is a kick is a kick until it's possessed and the ball declared dead. It's also the force that put the ball into the end zone until a new force is applied to a ball at rest. The ball was never at rest so the kick was still the force that put the ball into the end zone. If he intentionally batted or kicked the ball I believe it would still be a touchback but now you have a foul for illegal batting or illegal kicking that would be enforced from the spot of the foul.

I was so happy to come here and see Bison fans generally understood the rule and didn't dwell on it. Great job!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    We understand the rule. But it is a really stupid one.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    We understand the rule. But it is a really stupid one.

Okay, so in 8 days, our fanbase wants to:

A) Re-define what a forward pass is,
    B) Get rid of the illegal formation penalty, and now
    C) Re-define long-standing touchback rules.

Are there any other ways that the game can be improved?
    Insert something clever here...