Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Omaha 1/8 and 1/9

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU vs Omaha 1/8 and 1/9

Lovin me some Freddy Coleman! Great job!

According to people who attended the games tonight, they said the national anthem was not played before the women’s game.

JFC

i got the texts too. i dunno, its pretty simple to figure out if it was b4 the womens game, but I'd say alot of people don't goto the womens game.

BUT.
    Good Win, Just win Baby.
    but good golly, bad coaching down the stretch up 10 with 1:30 left should be ball game, and going soft after being up 30-15 earlier.
    Tomorrow will be a very interesting game now, NDSU dodged Pyle and Tut hurt us tonight,
    Will Pyle come back to life tomorrow? who will adjust better.

we shall see.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Lovin me some Freddy Coleman! Great job!
    He was nice to listen to. Is he in Fargo? And doing more games?

One fly in his ointment was the technical foul on Cook.
    He said something to the effect that he liked it, good to see some talking on the playground and in the gym. But, as it turned out, that TF was the catalyst for Omaha. Two TF free throws, plus retaining possession - which turned into a 3 point shot. So kinda a 5 point play. At that point I thought Coleman might second guess that taunting call, but didn’t hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    He was nice to listen to. Is he in Fargo? And doing more games?

One fly in his ointment was the technical foul on Cook.
    He said something to the effect that he liked it, good to see some talking on the playground and in the gym. But, as it turned out, that TF was the catalyst for Omaha. Two TF free throws, plus retaining possession - which turned into a 3 point shot. So kinda a 5 point play. At that point I thought Coleman might second guess that taunting call, but didn’t hear it.
    Agreed. Also, it's not like Cook made the block on that play so pretty stupid for him to be talking trash.

No Knotek again last night.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I didn’t want to be the first to comment on Jaxon’s 0 minutes. Knotek is obviously in Richmans doghouse for something. His defense or whatever else. No one on this board would be able to convince me to the reasoning for Skunberg’s minutes over Jaxon. At this point in their careers, Jaxon is immensely more talented offensively, both off the ball and creating his own shot. He’s way more explosive. He’s a top 5-6 offensive talent on this team that should log some minutes in the rotation, regardless of his defense. So is it that or something else?
    Last edited by Jay; 01-09-2021 at 12:14 PM.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I didn’t want to be the first to comment on Jaxon’s 0 minutes. Knotek is obviously in Richmans doghouse for something. His defense or whatever else. No one on this board would be able to convince me to the reasoning for Skunberg’s minutes over Jaxon. At this point in their careers, Jaxon is immensely more talented offensively, both off the ball and creating his own shot. He’s way more explosive. He’s a top 5-6 offensive talent on this team that should log some minutes in the rotation, regardless of his defense. So is it that or something else?
    Agree. 100 percent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I AGREE----I thought he would be top offensive guard going into this season----lots of offensive guys maybe aren't as good on the defensive end so it can't just be that

He deserves minutes---has to be more going on in the NDSU basketball program with him

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Another quality game by Freshmen Grant Nelson---4-5 fg's all shots near basket not a coincidence---his 3 did go in n out but he's getting better shots now

I still want to see him be more aggressive at rebounding ---defers a lot to other guys

He did look better in post defense last night---like to see some weakside shot block attempts