Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: NDSU vs Omaha 1/8 and 1/9

Default Re: NDSU vs Omaha 1/8 and 1/9

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Knotek is healthy and there is no discipline involved. The coaching staff has shortened the rotation and he is not getting minutes right now due to that. A caller asked this specific question last night on the coaches show.
    its almost like they played him early so he wouldn't transfer before start of school Jan 4 hmmmmmmmmm
    its very interesting, that's for sure.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    its almost like they played him early so he wouldn't transfer before start of school Jan 4 hmmmmmmmmm
    its very interesting, that's for sure.

Knotek is also the same player they pulled the redshirt off in December 2 years ago so he could play in like 2 games. Talk about mishandling a player's eligibility.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Knotek is healthy and there is no discipline involved. The coaching staff has shortened the rotation and he is not getting minutes right now due to that. A caller asked this specific question last night on the coaches show.
    Yeah I listened and basically the vibe I got is Dave loves him some Skunberg and so it was Knotek that got cut out of the rotation. From the other conversations on the coaches show it seems that it's because of defense and how hard Skunberg is working to get better. Dave did say that no player is more about the team and a better teammate than Knotek but you know he wants to be out there and he should be IMO. He also mentioned Witz not playing and basically said they are both ready to go if the moment calls but the shorter rotation is just what they are going with right now.

I am sorry I have watched all the games. I dont take anything away from Skunberg and how hard he is working, but he doesnt really add anything to the team. I think Knotek fights just as hard when he is out there as Skunberg and has better skills then him. I think it is horrible the way he has been treated from taking away his red shirt to now leaving him on the bench. He always seems like one of the biggest cheerleaders on the bench. Reasons why I cant stand Dave Richman. Although I will give him some credit the offense this year looks alot better then previous years.

Yea I don't see it with Skunkberg either. I can see he will most likely be a really good player down the road but right now he isn't adding anything on offense and he loses his defender too much. He just isn't ready and should probably be redshirting if it wasn't a throwaway year let alone seeing impactful minutes.