Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The New WAC

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The New WAC

I agree. Just stating possibilities that are out there if it were that easy.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Besides the Pioneer, is there a worse FCS conference than the WAC?

What's crazy about this is back in the day the WAC actually had some pretty good football. Granted, it was Big Sky type of style as opposed to Midwest, but it was fun to watch. Now.....Dixie State?? LOL.

Dom says he's working on getting with NDSU on questions of a potential football move....but I would imagine they're not excited to talk to him about that. Maybe the IPF announcement opens the door to an interview and he can get a few questions in about the future.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    The Patriot.

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    What the Southland is going to become?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yeah, the "elevate to FBS football later this decade" part gave me a belly laugh.

Not one of those schools is anywhere near ready for an FBS move. New Mexico St should just swallow their pride and go the route of Idaho... we'll see how long it is before they realize it.
    Correct- these schools??? FBS QUALITY???? LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LL

THe Wac may be a future FBS conference, but not with the schmucks in there right now
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Correct- these schools??? FBS QUALITY???? LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LL

THe Wac may be a future FBS conference, but not with the schmucks in there right now
    That's the goal in by the end of decade. This is awesome. In 2030 NDSU could be in an FCS dominated by NDSU, SDSU, Grand Valley State when they move up, Slippery Rock, and possibly another Missouri Valley team. Go Bison!

That's what has always irritated me about these teams that move up... they do it because a consultant they hired to study playing football at the FBS level, saying they can do it because they are in a city with a population that theoretically can support them, and that because they are in that city, they will get big TV viewership... never do they consider that a team must have a successful track record, that would be necessary to develop a fanbase, or even moderate interest in that "tv viewing area"

Does the FBS need more teams like this? UNC Charlotte, Georgia State, South Alabama, Texas State, UMass... I could go on, but those are teams that are "FBS cannon fodder" that only exist so other FBS teams can schedule them to lose as a homecoming opponent... but they play at the highest level, while driving up the cost of education for current students of those schools.

I know that's not how it works - but playing at the FBS level should be earned, not bought -- especially if it is financed through student loans.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    That's what has always irritated me about these teams that move up... they do it because a consultant they hired to study playing football at the FBS level, saying they can do it because they are in a city with a population that theoretically can support them, and that because they are in that city, they will get big TV viewership... never do they consider that a team must have a successful track record, that would be necessary to develop a fanbase, or even moderate interest in that "tv viewing area"

Does the FBS need more teams like this? UNC Charlotte, Georgia State, South Alabama, Texas State, UMass... I could go on, but those are teams that are "FBS cannon fodder" that only exist so other FBS teams can schedule them to lose as a homecoming opponent... but they play at the highest level, while driving up the cost of education for current students of those schools.

I know that's not how it works - but playing at the FBS level should be earned, not bought -- especially if it is financed through student loans.
    -
    Must spread rep
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

There are at least three conferences in the FBS that are not FBS quality.

It's OK to not be OK.