Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The New WAC

Default Re: The New WAC

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    There are at least three conferences in the FBS that are not FBS quality.
    Yup... MAC, CUSA, and Sunbelt... I am guessing that if they all competed in the FCS playoffs, even with 22 more scholarships, they couldn't get a title for any of their teams.

There's a reason they don't play elite FCS teams... they would get exposed for the posers they are

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    Yup... MAC, CUSA, and Sunbelt... I am guessing that if they all competed in the FCS playoffs, even with 22 more scholarships, they couldn't get a title for any of their teams.

There's a reason they don't play elite FCS teams... they would get exposed for the posers they are
    Exaggeration for effect, those conferences would be definitely above average and absolutely in contention for titles.

Conference USA has at least a couple schools that have won FCS titles, and the Sun Belt has some as well. I think the MAC schools have always been FBS/1A, but I presume a few of them would probably have won as well.

Coastal Carolina and Georgia Southern nearly beat NDSU in playoff games with 63 scholarships, but suddenly with 85 are posers?
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Conference USA has at least a couple schools that have won FCS titles, and the Sun Belt has some as well. I think the MAC schools have always been FBS/1A, but I presume a few of them would probably have won as well.

Coastal Carolina and Georgia Southern nearly beat NDSU in playoff games with 63 scholarships, but suddenly with 85 are posers?
    In retrospect... I was a bit hard on those FBS conferences... I got carried away -- it happens

In retrospect... I was a bit hard on those FBS conferences... I got carried away -- it happens
    You did overstate your point....but you did make a good point, those conferences in my mind are very similar to the top FCS conferences, or at least the top half of the top FCS conferences.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    There are at least three conferences in the FBS that are not FBS quality.
    Well there are at least 3 FCS conferences that are not D2 quality!

Sun belt is pretty legit right now- head and shoulders above the MAC and CUSA. World beaters? no. but Coastal and APP State are legit along with louisianna who beat Iowa state handily
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Sun belt is pretty legit right now- head and shoulders above the MAC and CUSA. World beaters? no. but Coastal and APP State are legit along with louisianna who beat Iowa state handily
    So now we need to get into the Sun Belt?

I can't keep up with which FBS conference is worth joining and which ones we should thumb our nose at.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    So now we need to get into the Sun Belt?

I can't keep up with which FBS conference is worth joining and which ones we should thumb our nose at.

I didnt say join the sunbelt- the guy just said that 3 FBS conferences wouldnt be competitive in FCS football with 85 scholarships. And I'm saying Sun belt would very clearly be competitive in FCS.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    I didnt say join the sunbelt- the guy just said that 3 FBS conferences wouldnt be competitive in FCS football with 85 scholarships. And I'm saying Sun belt would very clearly be competitive in FCS.
    I know and wasn't a shot at you just found it funny how much the sun belt has been shit on around here and now it's somewhat a legit FBS conference with the success of a few teams.