Thread: questions for 1/10 podcast

Default questions for 1/10 podcast

Hi everyone,

Any questions you would like us to answer on Sunday's podcast? Respond with your first name and last initial and I will give you a shout out on the podcast. Had some great questions last time from the message boards so send some our way!

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: questions for 1/10 podcast

Question:

The Summit seems to be pulling itself up quickly in Basketball when compared to the MVC and Horizon as it changes its membership and begins to spend more on basketball. How do you handicap those 3 conferences? How does St Thomas help the Summit? How long will it take the Summit to close the gap?

I used to think that the objective had to be to get to the MVC. Today, not really interested, especially to join the Private MVC schools. I think the Summit's on a good trajectory, and the MVC is now a 1 bid league, same as the Summit.

For NDSU specifically, we need to go from spending $1.6 to $2.0 to $3.0 million on BB over the next 10 years. What steps are needed to increase BB spending?

Thanks,
    Herd

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Question:

The Summit seems to be pulling itself up quickly in Basketball when compared to the MVC and Horizon as it changes its membership and begins to spend more on basketball. How do you handicap those 3 conferences? How does St Thomas help the Summit? How long will it take the Summit to close the gap?

I used to think that the objective had to be to get to the MVC. Today, not really interested, especially to join the Private MVC schools. I think the Summit's on a good trajectory, and the MVC is now a 1 bid league, same as the Summit.

For NDSU specifically, we need to go from spending $1.6 to $2.0 to $3.0 million on BB over the next 10 years. What steps are needed to increase BB spending?

Thanks,
    Herd
    I keep telling you* it's scheduling! Need to get big names in here, whatever it takes. Winning the Summit tournament and then losing their first tournament game** isn't going to move the needle with casual fans. The SHAC might be a white elephant as well.

*Not you specifically, but you as in other people.
    **I don't count a 16/16 or 15/15 play-in game as a tournament win.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

The Summit has historically been a 2 bid league in Womens BB with SDSU and USD. If NDSU continues it's upward trend, is there any chance of having 3 seeds?

Herd B

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Only if the other 2 teams not winning the conference tourney had a maximum of 3 losses and were ranked in the top 25 nationally. Even at that, it's a stretch for the SL.

Di danyone talk about KNotek?

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Di danyone talk about KNotek?
    Thank you. What's his deal?