Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bye Coach Blazek

Default Bye Coach Blazek

Wyoming football has announced that AJ Blazek has been hired as the new offensive line coach, replacing Bart Miller. Blazek comes from North Dakota State.
    #gowyo #OneWyoming

Another off to FBS land. AJ Loved it at NDSU, Loved the Culture coming from Rutgers. This just goes to show you, NDSU needs to step it up.

Bohl & Crew
    Klieman & Crew

it'll keep happening. Bohl and Klieman can just pluck coaches and recruits ANYTIME they want. Sad

key line "I'm so excited to join Coach Bohl and his staff at Wyoming," said Blazek. "Having been here at NDSU and knowing what Coach built and accomplished here before he moved to Wyoming, I'm extremely excited to be part of that culture

Article is here https://gowyo.com/news/2021/1/4/wyom...ine-coach.aspx
    Last edited by El_Chapo; 01-04-2021 at 05:53 PM.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: Bye Coach Blazek

No eyebrows strikes again.

Lardsin must go!

Sad to see him go... always enjoyed his interviews -- seems like a great guy.

With that said, it will be interesting to see who they replace him with... I suspect AJ probably suggested someone pretty good -- if you are an O Line Coach and you want to coach the power run game -- NDSU is the place in college football, no matter the level, that you want to be!

I said from the beginning it was clear he was not going to be here long term. You don't go from power 5 to ndsu unless it's transitional

But he's a very good coach and I wish him well

But simply moving up would not have kept him. We need a larger budget for coaching salaries

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Hello New OL Coach Rob Hunt ???
    (5 years OC/OL coach at MSUM, Played in NFL, Knows NDSU system, will be cheap... which is what NDSU likes in 2021 eh matt larson?)

See if Conor Riley wants to come back from K State before they all get fired next year when they go 3-8 & gene taylor retires? (just kidding, dude is making $400k/year)

BTW I loved Blazek. Dude was awesome!!! but double your salary? duh. $100k to $200k ?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Open your wallet wider. There isn't an NCAA limit on coaches salaries is there? The only limiting factor is the money coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    (5 years OC/OL coach at MSUM, Played in NFL, Knows NDSU system, will be cheap... which is what NDSU likes in 2021 eh matt larson?)

See if Conor Riley wants to come back from K State before they all get fired next year when they go 3-8 & gene taylor retires? (just kidding, dude is making $400k/year)

BTW I loved Blazek. Dude was awesome!!! but double your salary? duh. $100k to $200k ?
    It's OK to not be OK.

Looks like the previous OLine Coach, Bart Miller, took a job with the new Illinois staff (former Wisconsin later Arkansas coach Bret Bielema). According to this, Miller’s base salary this season at Wyoming was $200,000.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/trib.co...a188b.amp.html

Sucks to see him go but best of luck at Wyo! Will be interesting to see who Entz hires. Great gig!!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

Rob Hunt would be a good hire. He's been up here for a long time so he's not going to leave for the next girl who gives him attention

I wouldn't say he would be cheap, kind of insulting. But NDSU pays way better than D2 and he could be a long term guy.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Rumor has it that Bo Pelini is headed to NDSU to take AJ's spot.

j/k