Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: National Championship

Default National Championship

probabally been posted but when is the national championship in May?

Default Re: National Championship

Quote Originally Posted by garbageman View Post
    probabally been posted but when is the national championship in May?
    According to Toyota Stadium web site it will still be played this Saturday, time TBD. https://www.eventticketscenter.com/n...2021/4489664/t

But there is this from the NCAA: https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/a...s-championship

and this little video: https://www.ncaa.com/video/football/...ands-right-now

After watching the fall season play out in the FBS I really think the MVFC made a mistake not giving some buffer for postponed games. With no breaks for anyone in the 4 week/16 team playoff it would've made a ton of sense to either reduce the conference season to 6 or 7 games or move everything up a week from where it's currently schedule and give everyone a bye that weekend of April 10 to either have a spot to move a rescheduled game to or to give a chance for some rest before the playoffs.

Did they sell tickets already? I never heard anything. How is anything for sale?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    After watching the fall season play out in the FBS I really think the MVFC made a mistake not giving some buffer for postponed games. With no breaks for anyone in the 4 week/16 team playoff it would've made a ton of sense to either reduce the conference season to 6 or 7 games or move everything up a week from where it's currently schedule and give everyone a bye that weekend of April 10 to either have a spot to move a rescheduled game to or to give a chance for some rest before the playoffs.
    Thought the same thing up until this weekend. The problem with scheduling 6 games is if you miss two you end up with four. I think we’ll end up playing 6 or so games anyways. Plans don’t matter, let the COVID decide when we get our breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Thought the same thing up until this weekend. The problem with scheduling 6 games is if you miss two you end up with four. I think we’ll end up playing 6 or so games anyways. Plans don’t matter, let the COVID decide when we get our breaks.
    I am hoping the players and coaches take the COVID protocols seriously, not just for safety necessarily, but because it could affect outcomes of the games and potential cancellations. I wonder if they will be able to get vaccinations by then...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I am hoping the players and coaches take the COVID protocols seriously, not just for safety necessarily, but because it could affect outcomes of the games and potential cancellations. I wonder if they will be able to get vaccinations by then...
    I'd doubt it. Unless any of them have underlying conditions they'd be outside of the ~475K North Dakotans that the DOH has designated in the Phase 1 priority groups... maybe by the playoffs but even that is pushing it I'd think.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    90% of the players already got Covid, most of them last summer so they wouldn't catch it durin the fall.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Folks, if college's can't allow attendance, zero percent chance the season happens. They'll use the too many games in 2021 excuse.......

I'll believe the spring season happens only after an opening kickoff is in the air.
    Last edited by THEsocalledfan; 01-04-2021 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Folks, if college's can't allow attendance, zero percent chance the season happens. They'll us the too many games in 2021 excuse.......

I'll believe the spring season happens only after an opening kickoff actually happens.
    This is a good prediction.