Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Western Illinois 1-2 and 1-3

Default Re: NDSU vs Western Illinois 1-2 and 1-3

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Lead down to 10. Sloppy 2nd half by both teams.
    Is Notek playing?

Quote Originally Posted by garbageman View Post
    Is Notek playing?
    He was in for maybe 1 possession, had a turnover and a rebound. Haven't seen him since.

Edit: under 2:00 and he's back in.
    Last edited by KSBisonFan; 01-02-2021 at 10:37 PM. Reason: added stat
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Bison win 68-50 and secure the first win of conference play. Bison get a balanced effort from several different guys led by Rocky. Interesting to note the back up 5 position. Odell came in briefly for Rocky in the first half and picked up 2 quick fouls, Witz with DNP. Curious how that will emerge going forward when Rocky gets in foul trouble. My guess is coach will go small.

Here are the final #'s

Kreuser 17
    Harden-Hayes 16
    Eady 13
    Griesel 11
    Skunberg 5
    McKinney 4
    Nelson 2

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Bison win 68-50 and secure the first win of conference play. Bison get a balanced effort from several different guys led by Rocky. Interesting to note the back up 5 position. Odell came in briefly for Rocky in the first half and picked up 2 quick fouls, Witz with DNP. Curious how that will emerge going forward when Rocky gets in foul trouble. My guess is coach will go small.

Here are the final #'s

Kreuser 17
    Harden-Hayes 16
    Eady 13
    Griesel 11
    Skunberg 5
    McKinney 4
    Nelson 2
    When Rocky gets in foul trouble, I think small ball is the way to go. Witz doesn't offer anything other than fouls to give, Odell hasn't earned a rotation spot yet, and some combo of Griesel/MHH/Nelson can offer enough on the glass to survive Rocky on the bench. If the other squad has a burly, offensive threat down low, then I could see Witz warranting a (very limited) crack.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post

Here are the final #'s

Kreuser 17
    Harden-Hayes 16
    Eady 13
    Griesel 11
    Skunberg 5
    McKinney 4
    Nelson 2
    Worth noting, Griesel had a double-double with 12 rebounds. Western isn't good so there's no reason we shouldn't get the sweep today. Our player/ball movement was good yesterday and it showed in our rebounding advantage and 2nd chance points. I thought McKinney was solid with 6 boards and 4 assists. 3:30 tip.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.

Bring out the brooms today boys. Sweep the Leathernecks.....
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by phxbison View Post
    He's got potential but I hate that "left to right on your radio dial". Also mispronouncing Bison and calling Skunberg, Skunkberg almost the entire first half. Also crediting baskets and rebounds to the wrong people. Other than that he's terrific !
    Right alley, left corner wing, you can't make 'em all, it was the luck of the draw on that one. left to right. I'm exhausted already.

Bison down 15-9 at 1st media timeout. Western brought more energy today.

Grant Nelson with a monster jam! Bison found their groove and up 41-32 late 1st half.

Bison up 43-34 at half. Cook raining 3's.
    Last edited by KSBisonFan; 01-03-2021 at 09:14 PM. Reason: update

I think we're going to be very competitive with the rabbits and ORU. Nelson is special for a freshman, that dunk was something. This team seems to have good chemistry. Anybody know when Carter is going to be available ?