Page 81 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Olson 2021 LPGA season

dufferole is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Amy Olson 2021 LPGA season

Amy overcame a 2 over 1st 9 with a 4 under 2nd 9 to finish 2 under in her 1st round of the Drive On Championship. She was 11 of 18 gir and took 26 putts.

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    Amy overcame a 2 over 1st 9 with a 4 under 2nd 9 to finish 2 under in her 1st round of the Drive On Championship. She was 11 of 18 gir and took 26 putts.
    Nice putt today. But maybe that is a result of only 11 for 18. But still had to chip close to make the putts. On to tomorrow with 14-18 GIR and 25 putts. It is her time to shine brighter than any time before.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

LPGA doesn't list which holes were over std gir but I am sure her low count was mostly on her 1st 9. I hope your prediction is correct.

Amy shot a 1 under 2nd round and sits at 3 under par for the tourney. She was 13 of 18 gir and took 30 putts . She is currently in a tie for 29th.

Amy shot an even par in her 3rd round and sits 3 under for the tourney. She was 14 of 18 gir and took 32 putts. She is currently in a tie for 59th place.

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    Amy shot an even par in her 3rd round and sits 3 under for the tourney. She was 14 of 18 gir and took 32 putts. She is currently in a tie for 59th place.

Congrats to Leona Maguire on her first victory and to Lexi Thompson on a very nice finish and another step toward her winning ways.

Another cut made dufferole, but I’m sure Amy is not happy with these first two starts. She will likely be working very hard on the changes she has made going forward this year.

Here is another article testifying to the importance of ball striking/GIR and putting. For the first half of last year, Amy was at the top of GIR for an extended period of time and did very well with that. Maybe that is the real key for her game.

https://www.lpga.com/news/2022/a-goo...-low-for-ashok

GoAmy…GoBison!!
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 02-05-2022 at 10:14 PM.

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Tee to green is the name of the game. She’s not a great putter but the distance between a good putter and a poor one on tour is much smaller than between a good ball striker and a poor one.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Amy made 3651.00.

I know gir is a general stat in showing how a golfer is doing. You could be 18 of 18 and have 50 ' putts every hole. I think tee to green is her strength and hopefully her new putting style is successful. She knows where she has to improve.

At is in the field next week.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    At is in the field next week.
    We’ve got pairings Audit! Amy goes out with yet two more excellent players from Thailand, If the Thais keep it up, they might give the Koreans a run!

https://www.lpga.com/tournaments/jtbc-classic/pairings

Amy will be playing a whole bunch in California including the major in the desert, and then heading out to North Carolina for the US OPEN at the start of June.

GoAmy…GoBison!!
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 03-23-2022 at 09:17 AM.

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.