Page 69 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Olson 2021 LPGA season

Default Re: Amy Olson 2021 LPGA season

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    Yes, 9 over total. She was 10 of 18 gir. She needs a break from tourneys and practice.
    It has been a lot of golf chasing that cup spot through a compressed schedule due to covid and the olympics. If she’s as burnt as a us open green it would be easy to understand why.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Looks like she’s on the start list for the remaining 5 North American events after The Cup. I’m not sure how that works, if you can put your name in for all of them and withdraw up to the deadline (not sure when the commitment deadlines are either) or if you’re on the list that means you’re committed except in the case of injury or illness, etc.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    It has been a lot of golf chasing that cup spot through a compressed schedule due to covid and the olympics. If she’s as burnt as a us open green it would be easy to understand why.
    It sounds like you have dealt with some pretty extreme travel fatigue and jet lag in you own right Audit! It’s only been 8 months since Amy was in Texas vying for the US WOMEN’S OPEN when she and her family tragically lost Captain Lee Olson, and really has seemed like a whirlwind subsequent to that as well. Hopefully she will get a chance to rest and recharge a bit back on this side of the pond. A couple articles I’ve seen indicate that she might still get picked by the Captains re the Solheim. Her world ranking is just shy of that being automatic. Here is to things working out the best and as they should for her and Taneka and her whole team in any case! Hear hear!!

GoAmy…GoBison!!
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 08-20-2021 at 07:28 PM.

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    It sounds like you have dealt with some pretty extreme travel fatigue and jet lag in you own right Audit! It’s only been 8 months since Amy was in Texas vying for the US WOMEN’S OPEN when she and her family tragically lost Captain Lee Olson, and really has seemed like a whirlwind subsequent to that as well. Hopefully she will get a chance to rest and recharge a bit back on this side of the pond. A couple articles I’ve seen indicate that she might still get picked by the Captains re the Solheim. Her world ranking is just shy of that being automatic. Here is to things working out the best and as they should for her and Taneka in any case! Hear hear!!

GoAmy…GoBison!!
    I’d be happy but surprised if she were a captains pick. There are more in form players that will be sitting there and Stacy Lewis.

Solheim Cup update:

M Khang (despite a great rebound round) and J Kupcho on the outside looking in after round 2. M Harigae (co leader after 36 holes) and young Y Noh are in at the moment.

If M Harigae doesn’t win it looks like M Khang reclaims that spot. J Kupcho \ L Noh is out to the third decimal place on WGR that’s how close it is. I may not even have it right because at least some of the data i have is rounded off at my source.

D Kang
    A Ewing
    L Thompson
    M Harigae
    A Ernst
    J Korda

WGR
    L Salas
    Y Noh

Solheim Cup update:

M Khang (despite a great rebound round) and J Kupcho on the outside looking in after round 2. M Harigae (co leader after 36 holes) and young Y Noh are in at the moment.

If M Harigae doesn’t win it looks like M Khang reclaims that spot. J Kupcho \ L Noh is out to the third decimal place on WGR that’s how close it is. I may not even have it right because at least some of the data i have is rounded off at my source.

D Kang
    A Ewing
    L Thompson
    M Harigae
    A Ernst
    J Korda

WGR
    L Salas
    Y Noh
    Thanks for the excellent update Audit!

I don’t disagree with you regarding Amy, and in a way I’d rather see her have a longer break before those tournaments you mentioned earlier rather than be on the Solheim team under the circumstances. (I’ve never been a big fan of team golf personally, but that’s another discussion). I’m sure that she doesn’t feel that way though of course. We’ll know soon in any case and I hope it works out for the best for Amy in the big picture!

https://www.lpga.com/tournaments

If she doesn’t get selected by the captains, we won’t have much Amy golf to discuss until September 16 in Portland!

GoAmy…GoBison!!
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 08-21-2021 at 02:13 AM.

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Amazing crowded leaderboard today. Could be a wild finish if this Moving Day is any indication!

https://www.lpga.com/tournaments/aig...en/leaderboard

GoAmy…GoBison!!
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 08-21-2021 at 02:53 PM.

Cup Team is back to where we started. Khang reclaimed her spot from Harigae. Kupcho snuck back ahead of Noh despite being tied for last position. Noh seemed to be battling her swing for about the last twelve holes. She held it together until the last three but dropped 4 strokes over that fiendish stretch. She needs to finish solo 8th or better to have a chance to claw that last spot away from Kupcho. She’ll be one of the first to finish on Sunday so we’ll have a real good idea what Noh needs after Kupcho is in the clubhouse.

N Korda
    D Kang
    L Thompson
    A Ewing
    A Ernst
    J Korda
    M Khang

L Salas
    J Kupcho

Cup Team is back to where we started. Khang reclaimed her spot from Harigae. Kupcho snuck back ahead of Noh despite being tied for last position. Noh seemed to be battling her swing for about the last twelve holes. She held it together until the last three but dropped 4 strokes over that fiendish stretch. She needs to finish solo 8th or better to have a chance to claw that last spot away from Kupcho. She’ll be one of the first to finish on Sunday so we’ll have a real good idea what Noh needs after Kupcho is in the clubhouse.

N Korda
    D Kang
    L Thompson
    A Ewing
    A Ernst
    J Korda
    M Khang

L Salas
    J Kupcho
    Excellent analysis BA! In addition to this race, right now there are 14 players within three strokes of winning this Open and the almost million dollar first prize, so tomorrow stands to be a heck of a finish! Veteran Anna Nordqvist is interestingly tied at the top at -9.

https://youtu.be/MspY2-sP7_0

https://www.lpga.com/tournaments/aig...en/leaderboard

GoAmy…GoBison!!
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 08-22-2021 at 03:57 AM.

I checked in with Amy on her take regarding all of the recent developments, and she and Grant seem to be taking everything in stride!:

https://youtu.be/40g6XGjniZw
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 08-22-2021 at 03:50 AM.